Found....Sylvester!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM

Isn't life odd sometimes? (Please forgive the longish lead up to the where and how. )
Sylvester, our tuxedo cat, went on a walk-about last fall. I have seen him as far away as 5 miles from home, but he wasn't having any of being picked up. This past Friday, my DH drove down to Minneapolis to bring DD home for spring break. There was yet another blizzard hit our area Friday evening, so they had to overnight part way home. The interstate was still closed when they got up yesterday, so a leisurely breakfast was in order. Hwy opened, and they were on their way. DH dropped DD with her mom, and then headed on the last leg home. He got to within a mile of home...and got stuck. I am still house-bound post surgery, so I can't go help. We live rural, so neighbours are fairly far apart. We both called everyone we knew within a reasonable distance...no one was home!!! DH walked to the nearest house, not someone we know, to see if they might be able to help. The husband was out, and the young wife didn't feel comfortable letting my DH in her house while she made a few phone calls, so he offered to wait in the garage. While he is waiting, a very friendly black cat arrives and starts to rub against his legs, and purr...extremely loudly. DH picked up this cat, and the sees the white on his chest....it is our Sylvester!!!! Much fatter than the last time I saw him!!! These folks have been feeding him for about the last month.

Fortunately, this gal found another neighbour a couple of miles down the road that was able to come tow my DH out of the drift he was stuck in. I was sure glad to see him home, and happy to have Sylvester found!!!

Patti
Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM

See there was a reason he got stuck!! I'm glad Sylvester is safe and home!!
Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM

How ironic! I am happy your husband was able to get some help and its fantastic to hear that Sylvester is home once again! Happy endings ...
Old 03-13-2011, 05:37 PM

Have him neutered quickly and that will end his roaming ways. So glad to have 2 happy endings.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:39 PM

that is great. I love happy endings :)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:09 PM

Although I highly recommend neutering I am told that tuxedo cats do that. I thought my fixed boy was dead when he didnt come home one day last June. Along about September 15 he showed up looking well taken care of and has not left the yard since. The vet says that neutering only takes away their ability to reproduce not their need to travel
Old 03-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Aw, so glad he is home!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My folks had their tuxedo cat fixed and he still roams. Their cat is 15 ablnd still tries to fight with the younger strays. I'm glad you have your fur baby back.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM

I had a black and white (large spots) cat that disappeared for several months. He just turned up one day, stayed for two months, and then apparently decided he liked it better where he was, as he disappeared permanently. He was fixed. I really missed him. He was a cool cat. I hope yours stays.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Kas

Keep him in the house if you want him to be home and safe. Our 19 yr old cat was done in by a "helpful" neighbor who thought he was a stray and took him to the pound. He never recovered from that. For 15 years he had been an inside/outside cat with no front claws. After the pound episode he quit eating and had all kinds of other problems. We had to put him down. Stupid woman who took him.