found while cleaning

Old 07-19-2010, 09:30 AM

I'm packing up my home office in preparation for some renovation work (we are knocking a wall down and combining 2 rooms). So I've been pulling down these magazine folios that have been sitting on top of a bookcase for 3 years (and never been dusted! ACK!!).

In amongst some 16-year-old parenting magazines (that have been sent to the recycling center), I found a large pile of really pretty quilting/fiber art mags from the UK, some instructional books, and some coloring books that I hid from my toddler because of the art in them. Including one book "Mandala Designs To Color" that totally translates into quilts!

(I also found a pile of airbrush instructional books and magazines, but that's less interesting you y'all, I'm guessing).
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 AM

sounds like you went shopping in your own home.. I LOVE finding good things in MY own house!!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 AM

Isn't it great to find "free" stuff you didn't know you had?! You made me remember that I too have a Mandala coloring book someone gave to my (now 17yo) years ago and I put it away to use for quilt designs because it was too pretty for her to scribble in! I think it must be in my sewing room. Better clean out that bookcase ...
Old 07-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Lost treasures are the best :D:D:D
Old 07-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
Lost treasures are the best :D:D:D
FOUND lost ones are even better! :D
Old 07-19-2010, 09:39 AM

WooHoo! I just checked my bookcase and I have not one but two Mandala books (a volume 2 and a 3 dated 2000). Now that I'm a better quilter than I was then, I'm definatly going to try some of them.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Pam S
Isn't it great to find "free" stuff you didn't know you had?! You made me remember that I too have a Mandala coloring book someone gave to my (now 17yo) years ago and I put it away to use for quilt designs because it was too pretty for her to scribble in! I think it must be in my sewing room. Better clean out that bookcase ...
Now I feel less terrible about hiding those and "saving" all the picture story books with the beautiful paintings/drawings in them (they are in my "art books" cabinet).
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
sounds like you went shopping in your own home.. I LOVE finding good things in MY own house!!!!
I know when I finally get to reorganizing my basement that it will be glorious! I know there are tons of treasures still boxed from the move 3 years ago.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:02 AM

Sounds to me like you'll have some wonderful things to look at after you've been so busy today.
Bubble bath, glass of wine and a good book! Ahhhh the good life.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Sounds like what happens when I go into one of my 4 closets. I like shopping in my closets better than what's in the stores now.