Framelits.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 AM

Default Framelits.

Could anyone explain to me in idiots words what these are when related to the sizzix bigshot ?
I have read descriptions but it is as if they are talking double dutch. One problem with these searches they could be talking about paper cutting and not fabric as the machine can do both.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:28 AM

I think they are more geared towards paper cutting for card making and scrapbooking as some have quite intricate patterns to cut out that could be a little difficult if fabric was used. Some of the plainer ones would be fine though.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:00 AM

Quiltingloulou they are very thin whereas the dies are on a type sponge. Do you place them on a sponge base. Etc. see my problem
Old 10-08-2013, 04:49 AM

They are for fussy cutting frames which can go around a photograph etc. As they are thin, you have to have an adapter to make up the thickness needed to put under the roller and you also need a firm cutting mat that goes through the roller as well. I have had good success cutting fabric with my sizzix machine. It works better if you iron the vleisofix onto the back of the material first and leave the paper on until you have cut the shape. Then you can peel the paper of and iron onto your quilt. I have tried other systems but there has been movement of the fabric. This is a reasonable result for the price.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
They are for fussy cutting frames which can go around a photograph etc. As they are thin, you have to have an adapter to make up the thickness needed to put under the roller and you also need a firm cutting mat that goes through the roller as well. I have had good success cutting fabric with my sizzix machine. It works better if you iron the vleisofix onto the back of the material first and leave the paper on until you have cut the shape. Then you can peel the paper of and iron onto your quilt. I have tried other systems but there has been movement of the fabric. This is a reasonable result for the price.
I have a Sizzix Bigshot and haven't tried cutting fabric with it yet. Could you help me know: what is vleisofix and where did you purchase it?
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
I have a Sizzix Bigshot and haven't tried cutting fabric with it yet. Could you help me know: what is vleisofix and where did you purchase it?
I am sure you can get a similar product in the States. I think it could be called misty fuse in your neck of the woods. It is basically a web of iron -on glue that is backed with paper on one side. It is ironed onto the back of the material. Then a shape is cut out from the fabric, the paper is removed and one places the glue side down onto another piece of material and irons it in place. I find the cut is very good if you leave the paper on whilst cutting with the machine.Hope this helps.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:41 AM

Thanks, Jitkaau, we have similar products here. I'll have to try that. :-)
Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 AM

Thank you all for the replies and extra questions it has helped me u dear stand.