Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Funny - Actual Parent to Teacher notes

Very funny! I actually have a different twist - a teacher to parent note. My daughter's 3rd grade teacher wrote on her report card, "Jean is having differculty with her spelling words".

Quote Originally Posted by nivosum View Post
    If you haven't heard Dr. Benjamin Carson speak, then I suggest you do so. His family consisted of his mother and his brother with no father. They lived in a poor section of town and his mother worked hard. She insisted they read books and provide her with a book reports which she would mark and highlight sections of it. They had to finish their homework before they went outside to play. What they did not know at the time was their mother could not read herself. Later she would, but she knew her children needed an education. He said he he hated it, but gradually he fell in love with words and grammar. He became a world renown neurosurgeon and his brother became an engineer.
    I've read the book about their story. I can't remember if Dr. Carson wrote it himself or not (I think he did). This is one of my all time favorite inspirational stories!!

Blog Entries
    This is the saddest reflection of the state of our nation I can think of besides our nations hunger issue. It is nothing to laugh at.
    peace to all
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Blog Entries
    It isn't always the parents!!! What does "moving" have to do with the education of a child??? When my children were starting school, the tea hers didn't want parents involved because they had their way they wanted to teach the kids. My one son had substitute teachers the whole school year so a ill teacher could still be employed so she could get her retirement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl View Post
    As a retired teacher, I can say these are pretty accurate. It's not a matter of where the schools are located, but the economic and educational levels of the parents. If we move, most of us would do it on weekends and after work. Low income parents many times keep their kids home for a week to help. Also, if we have to go to the doctor we do it after school. Not true for many.

Parents shouldn't be screaming for better education for their kids. Teachers are screaming for better help from home. When a five year old walks into kindergarten and does not recognize the letters of the alphabet or numbers, that child is behind already that is the fault of the parents, not the teachers!!
    I completely agree!! With 20+ years of teaching under my belt, I appreciate your honesty.
    Annette

There is no fireside like your own fireside.

Blog Entries
    Seriously??? Lighten up people!! If you care so much, reach out and help someone instead of riding your high horse. Laugh a little, you might cause a little less tension!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2