Funny Cat Story

Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM

Aren't cat WONDERFUL?

My Gus is and I am sure yours is tooo.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:18 AM

This is not a story about cats, but about basenjis, known as the dog for people who like cats:

I sold a pup to a family out in CO (I'm in Ohio) and one of the reasons they got one of my pups is because they passed my 'approved basenji home' test
Their other basenji died of old age, but they told me a story about her. For a 4-5 mos, things were becoming missing in their house. Not big things, just little bothersome things. Like cd's, washcloths, socks, etc.
One day they had a visitor, and she sat down, placed her purse of the floor. The dog immediately grabbed the wallet that was at the top of the purse, and ran behind their couch.
Of course, they followed her to retrieve it, and what did they find?
There was a hole chewed in the back of the couch, and in that hole was the wallet, and all the things that had come up missing over the past few months!
Why did they get a pup from me? One might think that was because after that, they still wanted another, but really, the main reason they were an 'approved basenji home' was because they went 4 months without going behind their couch! (I didn't like to place pups in homes of super duper neat people)
Old 09-11-2013, 05:39 PM

You need to explain to your cat that it's a federal offense to tamper with the mail! Perhaps your neighbors need a more secure mail box.

Cats can have goofy ideas about what's fun. We discovered that one of mine chewed a large hole in a vinyl shower curtain last year. She will nip off shoe laces if anyone leaves shoes out of the closet. She likes to play fetch, and the perfect toy for that is a plastic hair curler. After she's finished for the day she'll knock it under a piece of furniture. When the TV service repair person pushed the armoire aside recently to get at the wires, I was a little awkward explaining why there were 20 or so hair curlers among the dust bunnies.