Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
FYI: jars on sale at WM for making Gifts in a jar! >

FYI: jars on sale at WM for making Gifts in a jar!

FYI: jars on sale at WM for making Gifts in a jar!

Old 10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Banned

for those making "gifts in a jar" for the holidays, or even your own mixes, bean soups, etc...WM had some "mainstay" brand jars today priced at only $6.00 a case of 12...that was for QT. jars!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 05:58 PM

Good to know. Thank you!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:00 PM

Are these like canning jars? I wanted to make all the nurses and aides on night shift where I work a gift, this may be the perfect idea, I have two books with these recipes.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raedar63
Are these like canning jars? I wanted to make all the nurses and aides on night shift where I work a gift, this may be the perfect idea, I have two books with these recipes.
YES...I was shocked at the price..granted they are their CHEAP mainstay brand, made in China..but I don't plan to CAN in them...just put the bean soup mix in them! So at $.50 a jar, they are cheaper than the Goodwill store! AND they have the lids/rings!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 PM

May have to check this out. One year I put homemade caramels in them and put fabric around the top. I think I used pint jars that year! Too bad I can't use Hubby's discount :) i am getting so "thrifty" in my old age!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Huh? At all WM's? I was just there today at ours and searching through the canning stuff and did not see those on sale. Didn't see anything in that section on sale. I was looking for the cute little half-pint jars to make pies in a jar. Those were sold out too. Drats.
Thanks for the info-I will be calling them tomorrow and check on the quarts. I have the Gifts from a Jar book, just need the jars.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Wait just thought of another idea for them! At our guild's show in the marketplace we wrapped charms (5 inch squares) into little rolls and put them in jars and called it "Quilter's Candy" ! They weren't a big seller but i think it would be a cute gift to give a quilter - especially a scrappy one!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NanaCsews2
Huh? At all WM's? I was just there today at ours and searching through the canning stuff and did not see those on sale. Didn't see anything in that section on sale. I was looking for the cute little half-pint jars to make pies in a jar. Those were sold out too. Drats.
Thanks for the info-I will be calling them tomorrow and check on the quarts. I have the Gifts from a Jar book, just need the jars.
I am not sure..I have never seen this brand at our WM until today..they had TONS too...the pints were also $6 and the tiny jam jars were only $5.00 a case....
Old 10-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ragqueen03
Wait just thought of another idea for them! At our guild's show in the marketplace we wrapped charms (5 inch squares) into little rolls and put them in jars and called it "Quilter's Candy" ! They weren't a big seller but i think it would be a cute gift to give a quilter - especially a scrappy one!
one lady just posted about her KIT in a jar...made table topper kits and put them in jars!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:56 PM

My Mom used to can lots of summer veggies. Now that she is gone, I have more cans, mostly quart size, than I could ever use. I may get a book on canning jar gifts and put them to use.