Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gel nail polish - wow

I have the new gel nail done and they do not make you finger nails longer they just provide a strong covering on your polish.

This is not the same gel nails I justed to get that made my nails longer that were either filed off electronically or you socked in acetone remover. The acrylic nails are the ones that I found totally wrecked my nails as I had to sock them in acetone and then pop them off along with some my finger nails. .
    Last edited by Quilterfay; 01-06-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    i used to have the acrylic nails put on. loved them! but after awhile, my nails became so thin and strong it was like having rzor blades for nails and i was always giving myself little nicks, like paper cuts. i haven't had fake nails for about 5 yrs now and my nails are beginning to look like normal nails. i would try this gel polish, but i sure don't want to get back to the razor nails! i had to register my fingers as lethal weapons! lol
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I like to do my own because it relaxes me, and I like to experiment with putting two coats of different but compatible colors to see if one shows through and if so, what it turns out to be. It does not last as long as the salon type but I get tired of colors easily and like to change them every few days. I can tell how my past few days are going by how my nails look. Busy few days they look beaten, then I know I need "me time" and should take it easier. while they dry, I get to meditate or pray. Can't do much else with wet nails

Blog Entries
    I apply the gelish myself and really like it. I work in a hospital kitchen and my nails to take a lot of abuse. My polish only last about ten days. I only use the clear because of working in the kitchen.
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Blog Entries
    May I should do this. I'm probably one of a very few that has never had a manicure or pedicure. I planted tulip bulbs today and wore gloves - took them off then pulled up some death plants - and had dirty nails. Between gardening and sewing I'm hard on my nails not to mention golfing.
    Quilting in the Desert

Blog Entries
    Whether you get fancy polish or not, a pedicure and a manicure are a special treat. Plan a day for yourself and get your nails done. )

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
    May I should do this. I'm probably one of a very few that has never had a manicure or pedicure. I planted tulip bulbs today and wore gloves - took them off then pulled up some death plants - and had dirty nails. Between gardening and sewing I'm hard on my nails not to mention golfing.

I have gelish polish done. They last a long time. The reason I have to have them done is because the nails have gone out. My nails are not damaged and the polish does cover ridges. I was recently in the hospital and the nurses could not remove or even scrape off the polish. I really like the polish.
    Lorraine
    I love hand quilting, gives me peace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2