Get Rid of Boi

Old 06-13-2009, 06:43 AM

My sister mention to me about the Dr written something about me having Boi I am on disablity cause of my diabeties and Depression and Anxiety Boi really help with my Depression even through i still do be depress it is not that often now since i had him since Dec 08 thank you for the ideas i will check into it Monday.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 AM

And I also agree with asking about giving a deposit and being grandfathered in. You had the dog before he started the rules. Tell him you'd give him $100 for deposit, and if you cannot give it to him all at once, tell him you'll break it up in payments over so many months. If he has any sort of compassion, which I think he does, he should go for it. But, you said it's his wife that "runs the show", so maybe bring it up with her?
I wish you luck Jerrie....hope you can get it worked out.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 AM

My MIL ran the show too, but when asked she would say it is him that does. So you would bring things to him and he would take it to the judge for ruling in private.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Banned

oh yeah. my sister goes into depression easy and has a dog. believe it or not animals help us in more way then we think. she got a dr note stating to her landlord that its good for her to have this dog as it helps in her depression. good luck and please let us know what happens. if you were there a long time, you'd think he'd be more leniant. don't get rid of your dog til you check EVERYTHING out hun, good luck to you :D
Old 06-13-2009, 08:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
And I also agree with asking about giving a deposit and being grandfathered in. You had the dog before he started the rules. Tell him you'd give him $100 for deposit, and if you cannot give it to him all at once, tell him you'll break it up in payments over so many months. If he has any sort of compassion, which I think he does, he should go for it. But, you said it's his wife that "runs the show", so maybe bring it up with her?
I wish you luck Jerrie....hope you can get it worked out.
i pay $10 extra a month on my rent to cover the deposit
Old 06-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Power Poster

Boi looks so much like my mom's, yodi! He passed away last year. She loved him dearly. I once babysat him for a week, while she and bf went to Texas for a family wedding.
He hurt his eye right before she left, and no one knew. That night, when I went to her house to check on him, he was sad and withdrawn and walking very slow. At first I thought he was depressed, but couldn't get over feeling it was more. Decided, that if he didn't seem different by morning, we would go see the vet. He had a scratched cornea from a squirrel chase, and he would lay just as still as could be on his back, in my lap, and let me doctor his eye, and then we would curl up in chair, and nap.
I went down there about five times a day, and stayed for hours. We became very close, and he was doing well, when mom got back. I did call her, and told her about all of it. She knew I would take good care of him.
anywhoo, I can only imagine how you feel. This seems rather sudden. Did your landlord sell out? I hope for your sake, and Boi's, that your sister can take him. These are some precious little dogs. :D
Old 06-13-2009, 05:23 PM

I had a client a few years back that was able to have a pet as a medical companion for her depression. It is definitely worth looking into ~ good luck. He is such a cutie.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:45 AM

The twins mother(my neice) my sister daughter, is going to get him after i talk to the landlord again and see what he say about the deposit and if i get a written note from the doctor if it still no she will take him. We trying to keep him in the family since he know everyone and not a stranger They knows his habits and you have to talk to him like a person he understand it seems like he was a human in early life LOL he mind me very well, he is very sensative. Thank you everyone for ideas and sugestion on what to do i will let all know monday what happen I think i will go the the source (Wife)
Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jerrie
The twins mother(my neice) my sister daughter, is going to get him after i talk to the landlord again and see what he say about the deposit and if i get a written note from the doctor if it still no she will take him. We trying to keep him in the family since he know everyone and not a stranger They knows his habits and you have to talk to him like a person he understand it seems like he was a human in early life LOL he mind me very well, he is very sensative. Thank you everyone for ideas and sugestion on what to do i will let all know monday what happen I think i will go the the source (Wife)
YOU GO GIRL :thumbup:
Old 06-14-2009, 05:11 AM

Jerrie, I do hope that you are able to work thngs out with the landlord! Good suggestions here - saw a show on TV once - may have been on Cesar Milano - Dog Whisperer- about a lady and her "depression" helping dog - she could take him any where - grocery store, dining out, etc. Hope you are able to get the medical exemption.

Don't know what I would do with out my Brewster!