Banned

Thank you for the link to Tristans!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:49 AM

I wonder where in BC they are located?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I wonder where in BC they are located?
I think Richmond? ... check the website.
One of the other QB posters has gone there and purchased direct.
I'm not sure if they have a storefront per se, or if it's a warehouse sale, every once in a while.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I get so confused on thread weight. What is 12 wt used for?
I'm certainly no expert, but I saw an expert named Eric on Fons & Porter recently. He said the larger the number the finer the thread. That means 12 wt would be a heavier thread.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM

Aurifil thread is awesome. I too, have just found this thread & have been using for several months now. I order from a site near Ottawa, Ontario (Stittsville) & this lady is great. The site is called: Bytowne threads & basically her thread runs $9.00 for 1300 m of thread. Lots of colours & she has all sizes of spools. Just google Bytowne Threads & her site comes up. I have absolutely no connection to this site - just a fan of Aurifil thread. Give her a try & she does not want your credit card info over the net - she'll call you when she gets your order to finalize things.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM
HMK

Thimble... they're in Richmond and you can order and let them know you'll pick it up. A friend and I did that when we bought some batting from them. Just watch their grab bags, though - the ones I got had odd colours but on their website it said it was for piecing and they didn't acknowledge my email about it.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HMK View Post
Thimble... they're in Richmond and you can order and let them know you'll pick it up. A friend and I did that when we bought some batting from them. Just watch their grab bags, though - the ones I got had odd colours but on their website it said it was for piecing and they didn't acknowledge my email about it.
Here's a hint ... talk to them on the phone!
I have and they have been very helpful in letting me know what is in a "job lot" ... even to the point of making a custom colour combo, to keep to the package price.

Their customer service has been exceptional. And I've heard many others say the same as to their experiences.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:38 PM

Cool

Tristan is clearing out their aurifil thread & going with a different brand Genziano which is egyptian thread made in Italy (like aurifil). I talked with them on the phone today & when the aurifil thread is gone, it's gone. They still have a few Grab bags etc. of thread at terrific prices. If you are still set on getting auriful thread you could try Bytowne Threads (just google them) near Ottawa, Ontario. The Tristan people tell me this Genziano thread is as good as aurifil. I ordered from them today so we will see. Very nice people to speak & deal with. Very good service.
Hope this is helpful.