Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Goals for the month of August >

Goals for the month of August

Goals for the month of August

Old 07-31-2012, 05:59 AM

Goals for August - start & finish two "Quilt for Kids" to do, two Christmas wall hangings to start/finish, and maybe start a 'Texas' quilt with Moda fabric I bought. Oh, and clean my sewing room is ALWAYS on my list.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
No goals for August except just to get through it! Not looking forward to it at all because I lost my DH to cancer last year in August. We married for the second time with him on his death bed 3 days before he passed. We had divorced, then got back together for nearly 6 years, but had just never re-married. So a lot of sad anniversaries for me this month! But I am working on a quilt for my oldest son, getting married next february, so I'm gonna try to just stay as busy as I can working on that.
You've been through the worse. It sounds like life is all up hill and happy days are ahead of you. Glad you are able to find love and happiness again - and keep on sewing. God bless you.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:11 AM

So sad, Latrinka, about your August memories. The best way to kill time is to work it to death, so maybe you can find things to keep you occupied until this particular August ends.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM

"When you have the great outdoors you don't need toys to entertain you."

We didn't exactly live in the country but in a tourist town. We were the only year round residents in our neck of the woods. My brother and I ran the woods and played in the creek. Momma never knew where we were. But I wouldn't trade my child hood for anything.!!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
You've been through the worse. It sounds like life is all up hill and happy days are ahead of you. Glad you are able to find love and happiness again - and keep on sewing. God bless you.
Thank-you TanyaL. I think you misunderstood my post - I'm not getting married next feb., my son is! So I haven't found love and happiness again, and I know everyone says I probly will, but it ain't happening, I married my DH twice, and he was and is my soulmate. I shall rejoin him when I die and go to heaven. But thank you for your kind words and God bless you too!
Old 07-31-2012, 01:55 PM

To take the left overs from the quillows I made and finish up some pot holders and finish a little hand tacking on the dresser scarf to match the quillows. With the real small scrapes make a couple of bowls to put keys ,change whatever on the dresser. Boy mostly i'm so glad to have them done. They are the first large things I've done since trying to get the use of my left side back. Lets just say I will stick to smaller things for a while longer. I will be glad when they are sent off.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 PM

Does she like to read? If you have a book, you are never bored. There are lots of word, reading, spelling & math games on the computer. I know it is not flashy like video games but some of them are ridiculously fun. It just takes some searching time. How about teacher her one of your craft talents, knitting? sewing, quilting? What if you wrote a book together about when you were a child and now how it is in her life. Just get one of those blank journals and start talking, writing and remembering. Be sure to include those silly times with your child-her parent. That sounds much more fun and special than sleeping until 1 pm. Good luck for some inspiration, Grandma. My most precious memories of my childhood was being with my grandmother and learning to sew.