going to auctions

Old 05-28-2011, 06:45 PM

do you go to auctions? My husband is addicted to them so anyway we went to one today SO MUCH MUD! Anyway mud up to the knees but there was a Victorian dress form with the metal skirt around the bottom we waited all day for it to come up it was one of the last things. I set a limit of $30 ended up going to $50 and them some freakin MAN jumps in and out bids me. OH I was so mad cause I have always wanted one of these
Old 05-28-2011, 06:49 PM

We go to auctions occasionally. Always spend more than we expect. I can relate to setting a limit and then stretching it a bit! LOL. Sorry you didn't get your item though.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:57 PM

I LOVE auctions, but they aren't common around here, and when they do have them, they're usually when I'm working! :(

I always try to set my limits based on both what we can afford to spend and what I think I can get out of something should I hit dire straights and have to sell it...
Old 05-28-2011, 07:22 PM

I love auctions... I used to buy and sell via auctions for living. They are so much fun
Old 05-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Power Poster

I do not like auctions. I don't like to stand around all day waiting for something I want.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:09 AM

LOVE auctions!!! :-) I like to look through boxes - sometimes there are buried treasures in them and its alot of fun to go thru them.

We quit going for lack of funds for now. Also there are only a few auctioneers around here and they started to get to know us and they would mention us by name - man I hate that !!!! Knew we were buying too much when people would ask us if we were in the business and where our shop was lol

If you have the funds - now is the time to go - the economy the way it is alot of the dealers cant afford to spend much so great deals could be had.

The weather does play a part in auctioning lol We stood in snow once - It was coming down hard and there were a few things we wanted and the crowd dwindled down. Unfortunately the very few who stayed must have decided if they had to endure this kind of weather they were going home with stuff no matter how much it cost!!! We stayed and was able to get a few things for a good price. :thumbup: :-)
Old 05-29-2011, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

I haven't been to an auction in a long time. My parents loved them and we had fun going.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:27 AM

Estate auctions are the best! Just Monday evening I got two quilts for $7.00. I have washed both and they are ready to use.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:37 AM

last Tuesday night was at an auction. bought my little FW a little table to set it on when I can drive in my yard again. If this rain ever quits for a while. I had to pay $105 for it, but I was determined it was going to be mine, come hell or high water. Just about had for $50, when a lady decides to step in. Since I had just gotten pd I had the money and will split my two light bills to make it come out. Course since we didn't have power for 11 days my one light bill was cheap.