Going to calgary

Old 09-10-2011, 02:20 PM

I'm going to Calgary soon for a wedding and then staying a few days to check out Banff and the area. The one thing I am really wanting to do and it's on my Bucket List is to do a zip line. Does anyone know if their is one. Also what else should be do and see?
Thanks,
***Pam***
-^..^- meow
Old 09-10-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Minnisewta
I'm going to Calgary soon for a wedding and then staying a few days to check out Banff and the area. The one thing I am really wanting to do and it's on my Bucket List is to do a zip line. Does anyone know if their is one. Also what else should be do and see?
Thanks,
***Pam***
-^..^- meow
The hot springs there are always a cool thing to see. A little smelly but they are very cool.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM

The weather man is calling for snow Monday in the moutains, bring a sweater it could be a little chilly! And a good pair of walking shoes, both are great places to walk and sight see.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
Thanks,
***Pam***
-^..^- meow
The hot springs there are always a cool thing to see. A little smelly but they are very cool.
Can you go in the hot springs or are they just to look at?
Old 09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
Thanks,
***Pam***
-^..^- meow
Can you go in the hot springs or are they just to look at?
Yes there are several places to be able to enjoy the hot springs.

I don't know of a specific spot for zip-lining, though I'm sure there is! Perhaps check out some of the tourist sites, for this, plus you'll get lots of ideas as to where to go, what to do and see. Send off som emails, and ask your questions!

One of my fav-must-do's would be to include the Columbia Ice Fields and go out to the glacier.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:03 PM

The glacier is very cool to see. It's out at a hotel it's a tourist spot so the guide books will for sure help out. The hot springs are something u can ho into.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Can I come too? My son lives in Calgary and he hasn't been home to the farm for a year. I don't know about zip lines but I know DS and his friends bike out to the mountains most weekends. We had a great time at a dinner/theatre about an hour north of Calgary and at the dinosaur museum at Drumheller.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Can I come too? My son lives in Calgary and he hasn't been home to the farm for a year. I don't know about zip lines but I know DS and his friends bike out to the mountains most weekends. We had a great time at a dinner/theatre about an hour north of Calgary and at the dinosaur museum at Drumheller.
I wish you could come with I know how hard it is to be away from your kids. Thanks for the information and ideas.