Good news

Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
We are going to Venice.It's on the Gulf side..
Bummer!~ for me... was hoping you could come by HERE! Well, it's so pretty down there! You will LOVE IT!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Lucky you. We will be here in freezing Michigan all winter.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 PM

My daughter lives in Tampa. She has been to the orlando area,but at 37 yrs she says mom the gulf side has beautiful beaches. I can hardly go to visit. I will find out what beaches are the best and will put a post when I do. I am so happy for you, take care an be careful driving. gen
Old 09-19-2011, 04:18 PM

Annie, where are you from in Michigan. I moved to Georgia from Battle Creek,Mi. I don't miss the winters,but I sure miss the springs and falls. I am going to mich in nov.(Early) part for a short family visit and to get some apples. The south,georgia, you can't grow anything down here. I am itching to take the trip north.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
Glad you are going to South Florida. It gets a little chilly up in NW Florida in January and February. Sometimes we have lows in the teens. Lots of below freezing weather here that time of year.

Have fun.
Very true. We plan to visit South Florida around then because of the cold weather up here next year. :)
Old 09-19-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by anniesews
Lucky you. We will be here in freezing Michigan all winter.
That is why we moved to Florida in 02. It is just too cold and the winters are sooooo long. We visit family in the short summertime. :)
Old 09-19-2011, 04:51 PM

i'm so glad you're going to FL. But I am disappointed that I won't see you. I love the Rainbows End in Dunedin, but allow plenty of time. There is so much to see there.
Venice is nice. I'm sure you will like it, and the Gulf has the best beaches, though the prettiest ones are in Pensacola and Destin. If you like it there, plan to come back next year. We'll be back in the Tampa area in 2013.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:53 PM

We were in Panama City Beach last year in February, very quite and safe place, spent the whole month. They have some nice quilt shops, Hobby Lobby and forgot the other names, I think it was Quilt in the Hole.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:21 PM

Ft. Myers has a beautiful beach, Estero right down the road does, too. If you want to go to Naples, be prepared to spend twice as much, be looked down on, and be bored. We almost moved down there, lol, but stayed in motels for two weeks while we looked around and drove north to Ft. Myers and stayed here instead. So much more to do, much friendlier. Unless you have the big bucks...BIG BIG buck, not their type.

There are quite a few outlet shopping centers about, if you are into that. And there is beautiful Sanibel Island, with the Ding Darling wildlife Center. We have Six Mile Wildlife preserve here....Corkscrew is in Estero, Cypress Lake is in Ft. Myers, and it is a beautiful park/nature area with trails, biking, boating, picnic areas. I keep trying to talk my family into holding reunions down here instead of making me drive up north, lol.

You can google Ft. Myer on the net, and find info on what to see, where to go.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:35 PM

Hey...we are leaving Wednesday for a trip from west Texas to the New England states for fall foliage...hope to return via the east coast and maybe down through Florida. Will let you know if I have any suggestions. Good luck with your trip. Safe travels!!!