Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good news...Were expecting!!!!

Good news...Were expecting!!!!

Meet Boko James, he will be here in about 4 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

How cute is he and he's winking at me.

Blog Entries
    he's cute, little nose and ears. what kind is he. good luck and congratulations
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    he's cute, little nose and ears. what kind is he. good luck and congratulations
    Hi Lynnie,

He is a Brindle Pitbull. He is so mellow, he let me pet and hold him for about 5 minutes or so. I got a kiss on the cheek before he rejoined his 10 siblings!
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Oh he must be special if you picked him out of that large of a litter.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    I love brindles! What a cutie!

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Oh my, how ever will you be able to wait so long for him!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

What a cutie! There is nothing better than 'puppy breath'. Are you getting him at 6 wks or 8? If you can convince breeders to keep the pups till they are 8 wks, (and you can wait that extra 2 wks.) so much the better. I'm amazed at what the mom's show the pups in that 2 wk period. We've bred several litters of labs. And this time of year, they can be almost completely housebroken if you get them at 8 wks.

Congratulations on your new fur baby. I love puppies, but they are a lot of work. Your little Boko James looks so cute and it is a perfect time of the year to get a puppy. I gave my husband a black lab for Christmas one year. I can remember trying to get Fritz to do his business. but all he wanted to do was play in the snow. That was the year the wind chill was 50 below most of those first weeks. After that, I have gotten dogs from the shelters.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Boko is so handsome.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

He is so very cute. He will take a lot of work and bending over to pick him up. I got a puppy age 8 weeks, Shih Tzu at 68 -1/2 and was surprised I was able to keep up with a young puppy. He is so worth it and I am sure your pup will be too.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    You are making me broody. After having 2 bitches which had litters and puppies at 8 weeks . I always have 2 or 3 dogs at a time . They entertain and look after each other .
    Finished is better than a UFO

SQUEEEE!!

I almost didn't open this thread, because I assumed it was about children, but I figured I'd be polite and make happy noises since not everyone shares my antipathy for little humans...and I was rewarded by a picture of a super adorable puppy!!

I'm jealous, I LOVE brindle coats and Pit Bulls are such fun, sweet dogs! I don't know how people can convert those goofy clowns into fighters - goes to show that with enough determination you can destroy anything beautiful. When our oldest girl leaves us I told DH I want to adopt a pit bull, specifically because I know they often don't make it out of the shelter and because every one of them that I've known I have wanted to take home with me.

Enjoy your new little ball of love!!

He is definitely Boko cute!
    Lori

What a cutie! Congrats!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    He is so very cute. He will take a lot of work and bending over to pick him up. I got a puppy age 8 weeks, Shih Tzu at 68 -1/2 and was surprised I was able to keep up with a young puppy. He is so worth it and I am sure your pup will be too.
    He will have a surrogate family to welcome him. Our girls (Our mama dog and her two girls) will help to get him on the right path. We had Bongo a while back, he was learning the ways of the pack. But our son fell in love with him and now he live in California.

As for his inevitable howling at night, we are going to build him a box with a window in one side. And have that opening covered with hardware cloth so he can see Chili at night and won't be so lonely. And he will be able to see everyone during the day too. He will be to small to wander about with the big dogs, but it won't be to long when he can do it.
    It won't be to long before he starts learning the routine of the pack.

What handsome lad. Please give him a big kiss from me when he arrives.

I trust that you are busy getting his special bed ready.

Just curious....is your mama dog and her offspring the same breed as the newcomer? Will this box you are building be in your house......

I, personally, have never had a dog relatively newborn.....always rescue mutts, oops, now they are called " designer dogs"........nor cats that young either.......I don't want the hassle of housebreaking.......we have not had ant problems with our rescues....all have been great, loyal companions thru the years.........best of luck with your new baby.......

All the very very best with your new little guy. Enjoy the anticipation as well.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Adorable, love him forever. And he will love you right back!

Quote Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
    Just curious....is your mama dog and her offspring the same breed as the newcomer? Will this box you are building be in your house......

I, personally, have never had a dog relatively newborn.....always rescue mutts, oops, now they are called " designer dogs"........nor cats that young either.......I don't want the hassle of housebreaking.......we have not had ant problems with our rescues....all have been great, loyal companions thru the years.........best of luck with your new baby.......
    Our Mama dog and her girls were rescue dogs. We have had them for almost 10 years now. They all seem to take well to a pup being around. The mom dog, Bella, is really smart. She takes cues from us and has taught her girls to do the same. Or they get the "look".....lol it's hilarious how she can still put them in the "dog houses" after all these years.

The puppy box will be in the shop which is heated, at least one if not two of the other dogs will be with him for companionship. And during the day either my husband or I will be around him, so he won't lack for interaction. As the day gets closer we will get an old shirt with our scent on it and put it in his bed. This worked well with Bongo during his puppy howling nights, as well as a clock placed under the bedding in the corner.

Awwwwwh, how adorable. Congrats.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

It's so sweet how adult dogs seem to instinctively understand that a puppy is delicate. We had our adult lab/husky mix when we got a daschund-mix puppy and we were so afraid that she would hurt him - she never had puppies and hadn't been around puppies at all since she left her siblings AND she's generally speaking a pretty clumsy dog so we were really scared for the tiny new baby.

But turns out we had nothing at all to worry about, she fully understood right from the get-go that he was a baby and needed pampering. He was about the size of one of her feet when we got him, but she was so careful we stopped worrying after the first few interactions. Even when he got to be older she would still play very carefully, she'd lay down so he could reach her head and they'd tussle around - well, HE would tussle, she would just sort of swing her head back and forth and make noise to entice him to attack, LOL.

Soooo cute to watch.

Power Poster
    So cute, what a great addition to your family.

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. He's a real cutie.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    Life Is About Using The Whole Box Of Crayons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast