Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good Old Summertime

Blog Entries
    Yesterday, heat index was 115 and we were sticky humid to boot.

Blog Entries
    93 degrees today, high humidity, no air-conditioning (by choice) but there are days I pay for it... I do just love hearing the birds sing in the morning and feeling the breeze ( when there IS some..:-) )through the open windows and all the sounds and smells of summer.

Sorry. It is suppose to be 75 here today.

It has been about 4 weeks of over 100 temps here in central Texas with a couple more weeks atleast in the forecast. The Air Cond. runs a lot. Ready for Fall since we did not have any Spring.

Blog Entries
    It rained all night here and is only suppose to reach about 70 degrees today. It is heading your way!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by countrycottage
    I can only think that the person who wrote the song "In the Good Old Summertime" did NOT live in Texas.

The triple digit temps. continue, forecast on through the next two weeks.

The AC in our sewing cottage can barely keep up, and in the afternoon, just can't be kept cool enough to really be comfortable.

I, for one, am looking forward to fall.

Blog Entries
    Upstate SC was over 100 degrees yesterday.
    More today with a estimated heat index of 125.

Heat hits you in the face when you open the door.

J J

This is why I love, love, love winter!!! Give me the snow, cold and even the shoveling anytime over heat and humidity. Isn`t it great that we are all individuals with our own idiosyncrasies? Let`s just appreciate this world and the people God blessed our lives with. :lol:

Same around here. I will never complain about snow again!!

central tx here is real nasty hot, we have the air set at 76 and it still feel hot.Pool is like warm bathwater no freshen up there

Today is under 70 degrees here in Oregon. We get one day in the high 70's or maybe low 80's and then it is back to cool again. It is July 12th and I am wearing a sweatshirt.

Blog Entries
    It's hot in SW Missouri also...

i wish for some cool days u always can put on another sweater or so but cant do more then take off everything u wear ooops :oops:

Blog Entries
    Agreed. I just wilt in the hot summer Texas heat!!!

Blog Entries
    Up here in the Frozen Tundra, this weekend is supposed to be in the triple digits! Which brings the humidity that high too. Keep cool, folks!

I from Arkansas and I have had all the hot 103 + heat index of 110 I want. I am not a summer person anymore. I am so ready for fall. I didn't complain with all the snow we had last winter. You can get cool enough and the air conditioners run and run and tun. Even the stores and houses aren't cool enough.

you could all be on the air conditioned oregon coast. it doesnt often hit 75 and then it is tooooo warm. it has been known to hit 100 rarely, and then only in the fall.

Blog Entries
    You all need to take a trip up here to Alaska. It has been quite nice around the low 60's however today it is 59 and has been raining. I will say though, the sun is more intense when it is out so when our temps get up around 70 we are cookin. My Mom came up a couple of times and she always laughed at me about cookin at 70 but she experienced our sun and it is really hot mid June. We don't have that terrible humidity like many in the lower 48 have though. You all have my sympathy.

We had a cool front come thru today it was only 97 degrees F today! The clouds did roll thru & we got our first "rain" since Oct! (About 1/4"; enough to get the sidewalks wet!) We've been on water rationing for 3 months. I don't know what is worse the 9 degrees F this winter or the 113 a couple of weeks ago!!!

Blog Entries
    I guess I'm lucky to live here in Colorado.When it gets hot i open the windows and let the somewhat cooler come in.

We have been in Texas for 10 years, moved from the Bay Area in Northern Calif. I thought last year was hot!!!! This one is a topper. I feel like a mole......You can't do anything outside because of the heat. I think that I am ready for Alaska in the summers!!

Power Poster
    I know it's hot in Texas, but the entire USA is feeling the heat. And they say there is no such thing as global warming. Right!! Seems to me we keep getting colder winters and hotter summes. Ugh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2