Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Snow?

Started snowing here in Jersey about 11am on Sunday morning and it's 5:30am Monday morning and still snowing. Front door has about 1 1/2 feet of snow in front of it and back door has about 2 1/2 feet, good thing we can get out of the house through our garage. Haven't heard a snow plow all night, guess town is waiting until the snow stops. I've lived here 50 years and this is the biggest snow storm I've ever seen.

How about your area? May in Jersey

Only wind now. Not too much snow - not as much as they predicted, but it has blown into some very high drifts. Seems like you all got the brunt of the storm. Stay warm and safe today! NJ is in a state of emergency - so stay inside :)

We got ours on Christmas Eve. Sure is pretty, but stay safe!

Only about two inches in SW PA. Stay warm and safe!!

Just saw on NY TV news reporting from shopping plaza in my town snow fall was 22". Main highway and avenues are cleared of snow but still ice on the roads, no snow falling or wind right now. Staying indoors catching up on my laundry and keeping nice and warm in Jersey. May

Banned
    Blog Entries
    We have about 6 inches or so at the house. There is a lot more up in the nearby mountains. Roads are still snow covered and slick.
    DH made it to work, I have to go to work later today.
    In the mean time - I'll be working from home.

Phyllis in Jonesborough, TN

Blog Entries
    snowing and windy...no work today - Yeehaa..quilting day!!!

Blog Entries
    We only have about 1.5".
    But we've been watching the blizzard in the east.
    Stay safe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by May in Jersey
    Started snowing here in Jersey about 11am on Sunday morning and it's 5:30am Monday morning and still snowing. Front door has about 1 1/2 feet of snow in front of it and back door has about 2 1/2 feet, good thing we can get out of the house through our garage. Haven't heard a snow plow all night, guess town is waiting until the snow stops. I've lived here 50 years and this is the biggest snow storm I've ever seen.

How about your area? May in Jersey
    I'm west of Philly and have about 6 inches. It is blowing something fierce. I still have to go out and shovel the driveway so I can take the dog for his knee x-ray this afternoon.

We have over a foot here and it is still snowing. My co-worker called and told me the boss said for us to stay home. I would have had to walk since there is no way to get out of the driveway. So I'm drinking coffee and reading the board. Perhaps next I'll start a new project or watch a movie???

Blog Entries
    Nope,will get the snow in the spring when it will break down all the trees.

Yes, there's alot of snow in my part of Jersey, too. My husband just put on his boots to go out and dig out the cars. I worry about him because he has heart disease but he insists on going out. It's suppossed to be in the 50's by the end of the week. I guess the longer he waits the heavier it will get. My DD was in a wedding yesterday and she is stuck in a hotel in South Jersey. Gonna get my boots on, too.

Blog Entries
    Whew!!!! I just went out and did part of the driveway. Is it cold and windy!!! I'll go back out in a few minutes. My neighbor across the street has a snow blower and usually does mine, but he doesn't seem in any rush to get outside this morning so I will be almost done when he comes out. I love winter and snow, but this year with having to walk the dog on leash whenever he needs to go out, and having to keep the ramp clear of snow, I would rather this be our big storm of the winter. Ordinarily I would stay home and wait till the snow melts to go out, but have to take him a half hour away to his x-ray this afternoon.

Only about 4 inches here in central NC.

We live in Pennsylvania and no snow here but old snow.

You people are getting the snow we ususally get.
    I don't mind it at all. I like to share equally to your states not ours.
    I'm sick of it already I'm counting down till spring.

I am in southeastern Virginia very near the coast. We had 14" of snow fall here - 3rd biggest snowfall in the last 100 years! We are NOT used to this kind of snow here (schools close for a couple of inches and the threat of ice)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    We have about 6 inches or so at the house. There is a lot more up in the nearby mountains. Roads are still snow covered and slick.
    DH made it to work, I have to go to work later today.
    In the mean time - I'll be working from home.

Phyllis in Jonesborough, TN
    When I lived in Tennessee everything shut down when it snowed. Coming from central Illinois I thought that was pretty funny. Either things have changed or you both must work in "essential" jobs. I lived in Eastern Tennesse, by Knoxville.
    Just drive slowly, brake gently if at all, and don't accelerate fast. You'll be fine.

BTW, yes, we have about a foot here but our road crews have cleared most of it off the roads, put salt down and driving is basically okay. It's supposed to be in the 50's by Friday here which will cause super dense fog.

Our city keeps on going even if we get 20 inches of snow in one day. That's nothing for us.
    Sometimes we don't even see a plow.
    I guess we are used to the snow, wind, ice and etc.
    Very seldom anything shuts down here.
    We live by Lake Erie too.

Blog Entries
    Yeaaaa, after Christmas, white christmas!!not as much as the up north crowd, but did get some snow here in NC

Blog Entries
    yes been there also, Norfolk area some years ago, so these two states, go to pieces with just a bit of asnow, but it is soooo, pretty anyway!, a lot of places are closed here as well.

we are about 1/2out of Philadelphia and we got about 7 fresh inches and scary winds...all stay warm!

I'm in upstate NY and we just got the wind. No new snow to speak of, and there wasn't much before. I can still see my grass.

I'm sure it will show up eventually.

I live in NW MA and we have about 2ft, still snowing, and blowing. Some drifts are 4ft. Road crews have not been able to keep up.

we have about 3 inches here in Northern Ohio and boy am I glad that's all I hate snow and cold

we have about 4 or 5 in here love looking at it but i am over it now so if anyone needs some just pm me and i will get it on the way to you lol everyone be safe in the snow

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast