Great Score at Walmart

Old 09-05-2013, 01:11 PM

I was at Joann Fabrics this morning, there was a cart full of new fabric to be put on the shelf and it was all marked $9.99 a yard. Sure has gone up in price. Will need toi go to Walmart.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM

I am getting disgusted with mailorder quilt fabric stores. Twice in the last month I've ordered fabric that was promised with 2-day shipping. My mistake is/was that I did not ask 2-day from when. I have finally received one order, the other has been promised for many, many days and the quality is as about as good as their shipping procedures ---- LOUSY. So I will probably be spending more time at a particular Walmart that has a great selection of quilting fabric.

BTW I did find one seller here on QB that offers wonderful customer service with quality of fabric and shipping. She is the best! Wish many of the quilt fabric stores could take a note of her service!
Old 09-06-2013, 05:49 AM

I always check clearance at walmart. Even though 1 store just has precut, I found charm pack in beautiful colors for $2.50 I bought 8 packages. I made a nice quilt for my bedroom and have lots left over to do some other project. Now the newer walmart has a fabric dept which I haven't gotten to really check out,BUT I will real soon.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 AM

Awesome! I have gotten some good deals on fabric there too - just have to be at the right place at the right time! The Walmart nearest to me did put their fabric department back in the store about a year ago. They have some nice fabric there and some that is a pretty low quality so you have to check it out. The staffing of that area is really bad too - sometimes I go over there on my noon hour and either spend the whole hour waiting for assistance or
i just leave with nothing!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 AM

Our WM brought fabrics back a year or so ago, but they don't have yard precuts, just rolls and charms. They stuffed bolts into a tiny area and have only one single cutting table about 5 ft. wide. The whole floor space is maybe a 10th of what they had before. They have more printed fleece than anything else and some juvenile fabrics, but very little a quilter would use. Maybe they'll redo ours again too ...
Old 09-06-2013, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by jothesewer2 View Post
I was at Joann Fabrics this morning, there was a cart full of new fabric to be put on the shelf and it was all marked $9.99 a yard. Sure has gone up in price. Will need toi go to Walmart.
I was in Joann's last week and saw new bolts of quilter cottons that were $12.99 /yd !!!?? Unbelievable ...
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 AM

Ladies, I was told Wal Mart brought fabric back because of a lawsuit by a bunch of ladies, they had sporting department and there fore needed material/crafts department. We have always had a good fabric department here in NC FL on W. Coast. But do not be afraid to e-mail/write district and national offices and complain about lack of material and why should ladies be left out with all the sporting goods for the men. If enough people bitch, well the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

Great deal....
Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 AM

I never would have thought someone would do this - especially not a quilter. I've found that we must be a rare breed indeed as far as honesty and integrity goes. Now, I'll keep my eyes out for the thieves!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
Ladies, I was told Wal Mart brought fabric back because of a lawsuit by a bunch of ladies, they had sporting department and there fore needed material/crafts department. We have always had a good fabric department here in NC FL on W. Coast. But do not be afraid to e-mail/write district and national offices and complain about lack of material and why should ladies be left out with all the sporting goods for the men. If enough people bitch, well the squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Yes. Squeaky wheel does get greased. Letters and emails were written to WalMart in Great Falls, MT and Prescott, AZ. Worked. Fabric was brought back in both stores.