Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Grocery store hide and seek >

Grocery store hide and seek

Grocery store hide and seek

Old 11-19-2020, 11:51 AM

IT is whatever you are shopping for.
Old 11-20-2020, 04:07 AM

Yeah, the "hide-and-seek" grocery shopping is a pain, but when we go shopping, we split up the grocery list so that helps to cut down a little of the "now where have they moved -----to?"
Old 11-20-2020, 04:14 AM

FYI-I have noticed that store employee shoppers don't use coupons. They're hanging there right in front of the item. I pointed them out to a curbside shopper assistant, and they said they don't use those!
Old 11-20-2020, 04:55 AM

I also find this moving around a pain! I know people love the curb pickup but there are so many employees moving around those big carts that it is difficult to get thru the aisles and I have to ride a scooter--what a mess! I want to be able to get my own items as I have seen dented cans some pick up and I would not like them getting my produce!
Old 11-20-2020, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

You wouldn't believe how much I hate grocery shopping. But my husband loves to. He's a major foodie so it makes sense.
He does 99% of food shopping! I knew there was a reason we should be together haha!
Old 11-20-2020, 05:33 AM

In my little town seems only Walmart keeps changing their aisle contents............when they have anything to put on their shelves. Most times their shelves are bare so I check my pantry and stash, see what I might need in the next couple months and pick it up when I see it more often than wait till I need it as its not there then.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
FYI-I have noticed that store employee shoppers don't use coupons. They're hanging there right in front of the item. I pointed them out to a curbside shopper assistant, and they said they don't use those!
The personal shoppers at H-E-B don't have to use the in store coupons because when you place your order on line you "clip" the coupons and they are automatically deducted from your order. I've been using either their curbside or deliver for over a year and a half because of multiple surgeries and the pandemic. Love it!
Old 11-20-2020, 07:45 AM

I always seem to have one item on my list that I need to hunt for. Like flaxmeal - is it in with cereals, or baking supplies? How about non-dairy milk? with other drinks? It is not a large enough category to get space on the hanging signs.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:39 AM

I don't mind walking around looking for things that have been moved. I view the grocery shopping experience as a way to get some extra walking in. I wear a mask, and gloves, if I start to go down an aisle and it's got a lot of people I just wait or go down the next aisle and come back later so I get extra steps in. My pet peeve is I can't reach the products on the top shelf, I usually hang around until someone tall comes along and I ask for help.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

I had three store employees looking for the Nestles Quik, it was found stocked in the chip aisle. Makes no sense but it's not my store. If the owner wants employees wasting time looking for items then that's his choice.