Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Grrrr...Feline Folly.. One of the Girls did it! >

Grrrr...Feline Folly.. One of the Girls did it!

Grrrr...Feline Folly.. One of the Girls did it!

Old 07-16-2014, 04:34 PM

I know where you are coming from-- I have 7 rescues. I keep my sewing room door closed but they know when I'm headed in there and all will run in as soon as the door opens. They make off with pin cushions, packages of elastic, absolutely anything they can carry off. Such characters.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 PM

Sorry for your mess, but I think it's really cute! Just trying to help out! One of the granddogs is spiteful. If you pet the other one or play with the other one, the naughty one will sneak off and do something bad. And you can't yell at him because he's very sensitive and pouty.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 PM

They are so spoiled...don't mind them sleeping on the bed, in the bedroom, wherever they want to be...My husband has a hard time sleeping as it is...and once in a while they just aren't ready for bed when we are and are darn well going to see to it we don't sleep. Have an old antique primitive ladder leaning against the wall with pictures in the slots...she starts slapping those...gets on the cedar chest and bangs the blinds...bites his toes that are sticking out of the covers, messes up his hair. We shut them in a nice room we have downstairs with all the cat amenities available a couple of nights last week and they stopped their antics until this little adventure....The getting even is just hilarious when you think of the mental process it has to go through....too much like humans me thinks...
Old 07-17-2014, 07:27 AM

&&&

Just put them together the way they are.
The Kittys may have design experience you do not know about.

&&&
Old 07-17-2014, 09:06 AM

There's a reason rooms have doors. I learned that the hard way when Scooter was a puppy.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:10 AM

Yeah, doors are fine unless you have a cat that can open them (in or out, carpet or hardwood). Doesn't do any good to put mine in a separate room. I have to lock the bathroom door so they don't join me in the tub. They also love the sewing machine action and I had to spend a lot of time teaching them to stay back from the needle when they were so curious and wanted to get up close and personal. A least now they keep their distance on the table. But they are sooooo spoiled, they can get away with almost anything. Be sure to let us see the design that your two miscreants came up with.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:10 PM

My sewing room is the only pet free room in the house for this reason....and because I have a 12 year old Beagle who decides when she is and is not housetrained. The whole house is wood laminate floors except I kept the squishy thick carpet in my "playroom"!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:56 PM

My M'Gennis loves to be in the sewing room with me. He has finally lost interest in the needle and the take-up lever BUT he like to sit and watch me sew. When I'm finally used to him sitting quietly, he takes off with the thread from the back of the machine!
He lays on the fabric I'm trying to sew or wants to lay "in" the machine (harp). Or where I'm trying to press something on the ironing centre. One day I ironed a spot away from the ironing work centre and put him on it to convince him to have a nap ...
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 PM

Good "stuff" to play with! lol
Old 08-17-2014, 02:21 PM

My cat has to go to jail if I lay stuff out. He hates being isolated-even if he gets a room, bed, litter box, food, water. But that's the price he pays for rearranging my blocks.