Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guess what followed my dog home?

So cute, I would keep him.

Please either take him to a vet or the SPCA to see if he has been "chipped". He may be carrying the information you need to get him back to his owner. Even if you don't want to turn him over to the SPCA, at least call them to tell them you have found this puppy in case someone has called them to report him missing. I volunteer at our local SPCA and I know they do everything they can to return a dog to its owner.

No, Border Collie's are not only black and white. They can also be red. They can have lope ears, prick ears also smooth coat or rough coat. The more that I look at her I really think she has Border Collie and the body and legs speak corgi, but the tail throws me and this is just my thoughts. She is sure sweet looking.

Aussie tail?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    keep him for now, his days will be numbered t a shelter
    I'm not sure why you think that! For some reason, people think if it takes more than X amount of time to have an animal find a home, the animals are euthanized, and thats just not so. I volunteer at our local SPCA, and they do everything possible to help abandoned and surrendered dog and cats find a new home. There are lots of breed specific rescue groups that help find homes. Many people are willing to foster an animal till it's adopted, and often the foster family adopts it. Yes, some animals are euthanized, but staff and volunteers at the SPCA LOVE animals, and do not euthanize animals quickly unless they are dangerous or it's medically necessary. An adorable dog like this one should have no trouble finding a new home!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    handsome fellas. lil one looks like a shepard in the face and ears or collie. both are smart breeds. but looks like a setter or retriever in his coat
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

All he wants is to be loved.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Awww how precious.. Maybe call a no kill shelter ? Or just adopt him seems like he likes you already !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

My feelings are .......he followed youhomefor a reason....he is meant to be yours.....a kitten did the same to me a few yrs ago....I, like you, did all I could to find her "owner" to no avail......had two cats already,but decided to keep her and she has been a joy to me since.....she knew before I did that I was her " owner" or maybe it was the other way around!

charlie is saying keep keep. i am the one that brought him home. they look like they get along. i would keep.charlie thinks so too...

One last post. You can try Pet Harbor. It is online and is for lost and found pets also. http://www.petharbor.com/ But do have him checked for a chip, just in case.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

He looks sweet and smart. And what a beautiful coat. I would love it if my hair were that color! He deserves a good home with someone who loves him. Thanks for taking him in.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Blog Entries
    I believe there is a rescue resource for lost pets called www.findtoto.com. I hope that's the right url but they have dogs who are lost all over the country and also those finding dogs to try and get the pet to their home.

I too would not take him to a shelter. I think 7 days is all they keep them in most states unless you can find a no-kill shelter.

If you have to take him to a shelter, please try to find a no-kill one.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

A few years ago a man took his Daughter's black lab to the humane society, because she wouldn't take care of it. He changed his mind and went back to get him. Only 20 minutes later and they had already put him down. They said they get lots of them and can't adopt them. It was on our news for several days. Maybe some keep them longer, but not here.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    They're both adorable! I have to get after my DH. When it comes to fur babies he gets his hand signals crossed. He mixes up the come hither signal with the go away signal. LOL!

I agree with jrhboxers could be your guardian angle seems like he came out nowhere both beautiful dogs good lucki hope you keep him if the owener isent found I have a feeling you won't regret it keep

here are some nice pics of red/white BC and pembroke welsh corgis.... both breeds are bobtails and the BC's red can vary in shades of reds.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

I say keep him for a few days, but maybe Animal Control should know you have him. The reason I say keep him is that there are many diseases that a dog in a shelter can catch and he will be healthier with you. Maybe you can put his picture up in the neighborhood.

Update: DH called shelters and no one is looking for him. The only posters up in the next neighbood is notification that 2 different lost dogs were found. So at this point he is with us unless we hear back from shelters. Vet states people are now dumping unwanted animals in certain neighborhoods known to have dogs especially if people move and can not bring their pet. Very sad.

I have a lovely Golden Retriever that someone dumped. Molly is as sweet as can be and well trained. When she found us 2 years ago, she was a mere 50 lbs and heartworm positive. She's a healthy 75 lbs now, all 4 of my dogs get along very well.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by BDawn View Post
    I think he has Border Collie in him. I do not think he is full blood but looks to me as a Border Collie mix. They are wonderful dogs and you will be hard press to find a smarter dog then a BC. Wishing you and the stray the very best he sure looks cute and smart
    I think he looks like an Australian Shepherd cross. Border Collies & Australian Shepherds are some of the smartest dogs around. Loyal too. They need lots of exercise which looks like he can get at your place. Having someone to play with is a big plus. Just a few weeks down the road you'll be glad you rescued him. He'll make a wonderful addition you your family. I have two Aussies & one lab. Two are rescues.

Border Collies DO NOT have docked tails! The two top pictures above are of a Red Tri & a Red Merle Australian Shepherds. At first glance I thought someone had posted a picture of my Red Tri Aussie. I also have a Miniature Black Merle. Here is a picture of my Red Tri Australian Shepherd.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry i meant to say Aussies..... the brain was a bit mushy after learning to can tomato sauce all day yesterday.

Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
    sorry i meant to say Aussies..... the brain was a bit mushy after learning to can tomato sauce all day yesterday.

Tricia
    Hey, that's okay-we all have our mushy mornings. Hope your tomato sauce turned out good. I tried to make some canned tomatoes a few years ago, but try growing good tomatoes here in North Florida is the pits. they can grow lots of tomatoes here but they have no flavor, and what good is a tomato if it doesn't taste good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast