Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Guess what followed my dog home? >

Guess what followed my dog home?

Guess what followed my dog home?

Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

They're both adorable! I have to get after my DH. When it comes to fur babies he gets his hand signals crossed. He mixes up the come hither signal with the go away signal. LOL!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:26 PM

I agree with jrhboxers could be your guardian angle seems like he came out nowhere both beautiful dogs good lucki hope you keep him if the owener isent found I have a feeling you won't regret it keep
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM

here are some nice pics of red/white BC and pembroke welsh corgis.... both breeds are bobtails and the BC's red can vary in shades of reds.

Tricia
Old 09-09-2013, 03:13 PM

I say keep him for a few days, but maybe Animal Control should know you have him. The reason I say keep him is that there are many diseases that a dog in a shelter can catch and he will be healthier with you. Maybe you can put his picture up in the neighborhood.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:40 PM

Update: DH called shelters and no one is looking for him. The only posters up in the next neighbood is notification that 2 different lost dogs were found. So at this point he is with us unless we hear back from shelters. Vet states people are now dumping unwanted animals in certain neighborhoods known to have dogs especially if people move and can not bring their pet. Very sad.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM

I have a lovely Golden Retriever that someone dumped. Molly is as sweet as can be and well trained. When she found us 2 years ago, she was a mere 50 lbs and heartworm positive. She's a healthy 75 lbs now, all 4 of my dogs get along very well.
Sharon
Old 09-10-2013, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by BDawn View Post
I think he has Border Collie in him. I do not think he is full blood but looks to me as a Border Collie mix. They are wonderful dogs and you will be hard press to find a smarter dog then a BC. Wishing you and the stray the very best he sure looks cute and smart
I think he looks like an Australian Shepherd cross. Border Collies & Australian Shepherds are some of the smartest dogs around. Loyal too. They need lots of exercise which looks like he can get at your place. Having someone to play with is a big plus. Just a few weeks down the road you'll be glad you rescued him. He'll make a wonderful addition you your family. I have two Aussies & one lab. Two are rescues.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:11 AM

Border Collies DO NOT have docked tails! The two top pictures above are of a Red Tri & a Red Merle Australian Shepherds. At first glance I thought someone had posted a picture of my Red Tri Aussie. I also have a Miniature Black Merle. Here is a picture of my Red Tri Australian Shepherd.
Attached Thumbnails jasmine-22-months.jpg  
Old 09-10-2013, 05:30 AM

sorry i meant to say Aussies..... the brain was a bit mushy after learning to can tomato sauce all day yesterday.

Tricia
Old 09-10-2013, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Quercus Rubra View Post
sorry i meant to say Aussies..... the brain was a bit mushy after learning to can tomato sauce all day yesterday.

Tricia
Hey, that's okay-we all have our mushy mornings. Hope your tomato sauce turned out good. I tried to make some canned tomatoes a few years ago, but try growing good tomatoes here in North Florida is the pits. they can grow lots of tomatoes here but they have no flavor, and what good is a tomato if it doesn't taste good.