Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Guess who came to my house today :?: >

Guess who came to my house today :?:

Guess who came to my house today :?:

Old 08-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Google Goddess

have fun playing with the sewing machine

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
Ladies, he gets to keep the machine. All he has to do is give a performance review. Since he doesn't sew, and so on, it will more than likely live with me until (if and when) his daughter might want it. I would love to teach her to sew, but she is an A+ student with no interest in sewing, and is aiming for school to become a doctor....
Thanks for all the enthusiasm, and I will let you know when I fire it up and try it out. Even may send a photo.... :)
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by RobertaMarie
Our son came to see us today and spent about an hour with us. :) He also was loaded down with a huge box and said he had a present for me. He does evaluations for Amazon.com, and had a Singer Quantum 6690 sewing machine worth $700 he wants me to use and tell him how I like it. They told him he could not transfer the ownership (don't sell or give it away) but (his wife) Susan didn't want it and teen age daughter Caitlin is too busy with school to sew, and he just "knew" I would use it, so he brought it to me... I can always give it back, I suppose. Anyhow, it is pretty snazzy. Has over six hundred stitches, will embroider letters, numbers and fancy trimming stitches, has a quilter's stitch that is supposed to look hand done... cuts the thread, has a speed control, an automatic sew button so you don't have to use the foot pedal, auto up-down for the needle, a button hole maker for nine kinds of buttonholes (not that I will ever make a buttonhole again), an even-feed walking foot for quilting, reverse stitching, mirror image stitching for the decorative stitches~~~ and I don't know all the stuff it is supposed to do. You name it, it has it, and there are more "specialty" feet you can buy if you need them. Now I suppose I need to put aside my computer forums, and books, and get busy learning how to use it. I haven't even threaded it yet, but I did plug it in and turn it on to see the pretty display. Sure wish I had an instructor to lead me through the first steps of using it. But, I betcha I can figure it out!! :thumbup:
Will keep you posted. Anyone want to come play with me???
Love, Roberta ;)
Awesome your son thought of you