Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Had enough winter!

Blog Entries
    Here are some pics from Northern AZ. We had a good 2ft over a week's time. I love the snow! My coworker gets double what I get and she can't wait for summer! :D

Rosey playing in the snow!
    Name:  Attachment-63794.jpe
Views: 5
Size:  47.0 KB

My snowman
    Name:  Attachment-64171.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  44.0 KB

Lyn
    It is snowing right now BUT the seed catalogs have come in!!!

I'm starting to feel like that snowman

Blog Entries
    Wow, lucky you. We're in central Maine and have a storm upon us right now and flooding from ice jams in the river.

My DH father was from Newfoundland. Maybe we should think about moving there. ;-)

That picture made me laugh! I sometimes miss the snow, so I love seeing the pictures!

We don't get much snow since we moved from NY to here but were sopposed to get 5 to 9 inches tomorrow morning till Sat. morning...I'm way over winter...

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am tired of winter! I am ready for some nice warm weather at least above 50 degrees I would take that anytime and no complaints. I am tired of hearing the furnace kick on and off.

We should all make a snowman wall hanging that would be fun!

Karen

Definitely! Take comfort in knowing that when your spring comes, ours is still about six weeks to two months behind in Canada! By then I will be REALLY sick of winter!

Boy, am I ever ready for this to be over! Glad we didn't get the ice they had predicted, but did get more snow this morning. I am so ready for spring.

That is awesome!!!!

Glad we didn't get what Flagstaff got!!! Thankfully no ice storm or power outages. Have over 6 inches and that's already melting, now the slush! Everyone stay warm and safe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Snow here, but not as much as they predicted. HOWEVER ---- it's snowing again! I am so ready for spring. I look forward to seeing the first Robin - my sign of Spring that usually shows up in February!(The robin shows up in Feb, spring still takes a while.)

I am in Western NC. We had 8 inches of snow last night. And the moon was full and REALLY BIG! It was beautiful. It started to snow again this afternoon, just after I cleaned off my car! I will try to attach a photo. It was taken on my cell phone, hope it shows up. Stay warm! Blessings, Spring
    Attached Images Attached Images

AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by Mamagus
    I just took this picture out my back door. January 27, 2010.

We are in the northeast of Canada (for those of you have never heard of us) and ALL the weather systems since 2010 came in are passing us by. Hope it stays this way!
    Occasionally we'd have a winter like yours, Mamagus, but not this year! We've had snow ever since late November/early December and had to finish taking the crop out almost in the snow! Later tonight and into Thursday we are in a forecast for some freezing rain changint to snow by Thursday night...talk about Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird
    Glad we didn't get what Flagstaff got!!! Thankfully no ice storm or power outages. Have over 6 inches and that's already melting, now the slush! Everyone stay warm and safe.
    Pertty in pictures but a pain in tail in real life at times

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    My own pictures of our recent ice storm. Many in some counties still without power. We were soooooooooo.....fortunate here near Des Moines.
    We still have trees in the forest from ice storm six yrs age that are still bent over an not going to perk up.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    My own pictures of our recent ice storm. Many in some counties still without power. We were soooooooooo.....fortunate here near Des Moines.
    We still have trees in the forest from ice storm six yrs age that are still bent over an not going to perk up.
    We have lots of branches and twigs down around the house from the ice we had a couple of weeks ago. So far no ice this time around, but we did have 34 degrees yesterday and rain...now we have off/on light snow showers and these are supposed to continue into Monday, and after that we'll have some colder weather....again! Enough already!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2