Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hair Styles, Do you wear your hair short or long? >

Hair Styles, Do you wear your hair short or long?

Hair Styles, Do you wear your hair short or long?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

Just past the ears - short makes me look too harsh (and I'm scary enough on a good day, lol). I know what you mean though. My hair is thick and when it gets hot in CA (maybe never the way this year is turning out) my neck gets all sweaty.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:02 PM

I wear it short because at 72 I am just plain tired of fixing my hair LOL. I am so sick of all the long hair with the extensions the women on TV wear hanging over their shoulders. Just once I would like to see all the women on All My Children throw their hair to the back. It is so over done with the long hair now That is one reaosn I listen to TV instead of watching it LOL. Frankly I want to know when bald for women will become trendy. I am so tempted to shave my head and wear a wig when I go out in public. In picture (<-- am) wearing a wig because iI took scissors to my hair on a bad hair day. Take care.
Linda
Old 06-02-2011, 05:10 PM

My hair has been long for all my life except one time - about four years ago I had it cut short - it was ok - but my husband prefers it long - I can wear it up, pony tail or braid... I like it long
Old 06-02-2011, 07:22 PM

My hair was always below my waist and I wore it up most of the time.(black and curly). After my gastric bypass, I started losing my "crown of glory". I was heartbroken so I took scissors to it one day. Took 18" off and made layers. Now after about 6 mths, I have new hair growing in and it is growing down my back again. Have to put in a ponytail right now.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM

I've had both long and short over the years. For now it's right at my shoulders and I love it like this for now. Not sure how I'll feel about it when the temps soar though.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:44 PM

Short hair for me
Old 06-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by norma Jean
I have long hair that is to my bra line. In a exercise two days ago I was told that I needed to get my hair cut as it does not do for older woman to have long hair. My hair is baby fine, and it is so easy to keep it up either in a pony tail, or a bun. She made me mad, so I am going to get a perm, and just a trim of one inch. If she does not like it than just to bad! :-D
Where do people get off telling others how to wear their hair?! I remember one time, when I was much younger, seeing a tall, elegant woman with totally white long hair that was long and pulled back smoothly to the nape of her neck. I remember thinking I'd love to look like that someday. I'll never be tall, and at the rate I'm going, I may never get really white hair, either, but it sure looked great on her.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Baysidegal
Short. I can't remember a time when my hair wasn't short. Oh yeah, when my mom used give me a "Toni" perm. Probably why I always wear it short LOL.
Lord, didn't you hate those Toni perms? I cried and cried the first one my mom gave me not only from the torture of getting it but because of the way it looked, frizz, frizz, frizz!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by S D G
Hot here in So. Ea. In. also, but my hair is about 2" from my waist. I keep it up most of the time, because of the heat, work and if gets in my way. I would cut it all off if I wasn't afraid my DH would divorce me. haha
Would you consider cutting it for Locks of Love? I'm sure he would agree that is a worthy thing to do for those who have lost their hair. Then he would see how nice you look with shorter hair. And it would be more comfortable.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:34 AM

Usually on the shorter side, esp for summer and hot Texas weather ! 99 here yesterday and no rain for months ...
CRAZY weather in the US ... floods, droughts and all the horrible tornadoes :(