Half Lab- half fish?

Old 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM

Our chocolate lab hates to fetch anything -- unless you throw it into water! Then he'll fetch until the cows come home....
Old 07-13-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltin'Lady
Our chocolate lab hates to fetch anything -- unless you throw it into water! Then he'll fetch until the cows come home....
:-D :-D :-D
Old 07-13-2010, 03:29 PM

They will never see their dog again!!! LOL Labs are half fish, I think. Two of my co-workers have labs (one has 5 -- can you imagine? :shock: ), and the other has 1. They both have pools, and the dogs are constantly in the pool.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
They will never see their dog again!!! LOL Labs are half fish, I think. Two of my co-workers have labs (one has 5 -- can you imagine? :shock: ), and the other has 1. They both have pools, and the dogs are constantly in the pool.
5 labs? Oh my....the one my DD has was the runt of the litter but he seems as big as a pony!! I can't imagine having 5 !!!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Dee

Love labs. Have had 2 and yes, they love the water-once in can hardly get them out. Excellant with all age children. They are so good natured. Miss my labs.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Google Goddess

so is the dog still at friends house swimming
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 PM

It is Labs, the only thing Symba liked better was chasing balls. He would play in even the smallest mud puddle, had to watch him every minute. We had no trouble giving him a bath, he would even sleep in the bath tub if it was hot. I think his favorite thing was retrieving stuff from the river.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:52 PM
Power Poster

We had a dingo/lab mix girl called Sofia...she would always be with the kids in and around the pool in summer. She had this thing though, she wouldn't let anyone small beyond the second step of the shallow end...and seniors would frequently find themselves being dragged back to the shallows too! Sadly, Sofia is no longer alive, but Lucatoni our Malamute/staffy is a real fan of the pool, if he gets hot summer or winter he wades around whenever he feels like it. We are convinced he thinks it is there purely for his own benefit.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
so is the dog still at friends house swimming
My DD said the friends brought him home the next day after he'd fallen asleep in the evening and finally dried out...lol. They had to keep him in the house, bring the car into the garage, and close the garage door so he couldn't get outside. His only options were staying in the house or getting in the car.
My DD and SIL are thinking of taking him over there again at least once more this summer.
These must be VERY good friends.... :-)
Old 07-14-2010, 06:19 AM

That is so funny. Dogs definitely have a personality all their own. Reminds me of my youngest. Lol. When he was around 11 months we stayed in a little trailer park here in Mapleton, and every time he got outside, he was in the river, we got him a life vest and started to teach him to swim, I must have gone after him a zillion times. I think that's where he learned to run so fast.