Halloween??

Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Power Poster

Default Halloween??

When is Halloween to be celebrated? Tomorrow night?? IF so, I'm behind!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

traditionally October 31st. Some jurisdictions change the date and time for the convenience of their citizens.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

well yes, but kids don't come trick or treating on weeknights most anywhere. i don't watch our local news enough to have heard them mention when they will do this. Tonight seems to be the time to me. thanks anyway.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:21 PM

Our city allows children up to 13 to trick or treat from 6 pm to 8 pm. We will have it on Wednesday evening. We are in the midst of hurricane Sandy so it's a good thing it's not till Wednesday or they would have to cancel it.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:28 PM

Wow, I've never heard of such rules and regulations. Halloween is ALWAYS on the 31st, no matter what!
Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
Our city allows children up to 13 to trick or treat from 6 pm to 8 pm. We will have it on Wednesday evening. We are in the midst of hurricane Sandy so it's a good thing it's not till Wednesday or they would have to cancel it.
Don't let my grandson hear you. He came home from school this week upset; his teacher told him that he wasn't going to be able to go trick or treating because it was cancelled due to the storm. He's 6. My daughter called the principle and he agreed; first of all at that time we had almost a week before Halloween and this could be all over but he main point is she didn't have a right to say that to him. He's been around long enough to know what damage can be done by a storm and he'll worry about it all. The principle was very upset and spoke to the teacher. The next talk to her will because she's sharing her political views with these same 6yr olds. I wonder, is it because no adult would stand by and listen to her so she picks on kids.

Every place that I've lived from Hawaii to Ca to here has always had rules like this. I'd much rather have my grandkids out on a weeknight than on the weekend. If a kid is obviously over 13 but took the time to dress up; I'll give them candy. What I don't like is when people bring their newborns out; lets face it that month old baby isn't getting any of that candy. Or you get the ones saying they are collecting for the sick child at home. With all the scams today, you never know who or what to believe. When my kids were little and I knew most of the kids in our neighborhood I'd keep special treats for the ones that I knew. Now I don't know any of them. You know you are getting older when the little girl who sold you girlscout cookies for years is now bringing her daughter to your house to sell them to you. Of course, I have to buy them from her too.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

As far as I know it's wednesday night here in my neck of the woods.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

It is always the 31st. of October here in the Midwest. No matter what day it falls on.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 AM

Here it is the 31 st but if it keeps raining like it has been and the wind from Sandie storm I don't think there will be many if any children out. I wouldn't let my children out if mine were little again.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

sigh.. I am never home on the Halloween night ..working so I don't get to hand out candy (for the past 4 years) and I miss looking at their costumes..OH well I am sure I am not alone in this (working) thing. SO enjoy all Halloween kiddies ! for me ...