Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Hancock Fabrics mobile app ?

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    3,226

    Cool Hancock Fabrics mobile app ?

    I was in Hancock's Fabrics a couple days ago. The lady checking out in front of me had a coupon on her smart phone for a discount. I have an iphone so I can get coupons too, right? Wrong! I have looked all over their website for info on a mobile app; went to the itunes app store and couldn't find anything. Probably dumb me but does anyone on here know anything about the Hancock Fabrics apps?

    Thanks for any info.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    mcalester ok
    Posts
    449
    Maybe it was a text coupon. I know that some stores have you sign up to get coupons as a text message. Sorry I don't know anything about mobile apps, I'm still living in the stoneage era....lol.
    Linda

  3. #3
    Power Poster Prism99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Western Wisconsin
    Posts
    12,149
    Blog Entries
    1
    Here's a link to Hancock's. Towards the bottom of the page, it says if you sign up as a Preferred Customer you can get special email coupons (and smart phones can access emails). Sounds like an email coupon.
    http://www.hancockfabrics.com/about.htm

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    5,051
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Here's a link to Hancock's. Towards the bottom of the page, it says if you sign up as a Preferred Customer you can get special email coupons (and smart phones can access emails). Sounds like an email coupon.
    http://www.hancockfabrics.com/about.htm
    thanks, I too had checked out their site because I do most of my shopping there instead of Joanns for a couple of reasons. They offer a 15% discount for two Wednesday's a month and on a different Wed they offer it to the military. So for the first 3 wks a month I can go there and get the sales discount plus the extra 15% on top of it all. The website said only 10% for one Wed a month so I guess it's different for different areas. Joann's senior day isn't a certain day each month and you have to be in your 60's unlike Hancock's where you only have to be 55 or older. I do like the fact that in my area both stores are close to each other in each town so if one doesn't have it I can go to the other and not go to far because we have none in my town so I have three cities next to me that I can go to. I signed up and it said that I'd get a message soon with special discounts so that'll be good since we are coming on to our first Wed of the month. I already get the text from Joanns.
    Judy

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Here's a link to Hancock's. Towards the bottom of the page, it says if you sign up as a Preferred Customer you can get special email coupons (and smart phones can access emails). Sounds like an email coupon.
    http://www.hancockfabrics.com/about.htm
    Thanks for the replies. I went to the Hancock site and signed up for the email coupons. I don't usually do any email with my phone but will try it. I was hoping for a text message coupon like I get from some other stores but hopefully this will work for now.

    Sometimes I can manage to get to Hancocks on Wednesdays for their senior days and military discount days. That helps too. There isn't a Joanns close to the Hancocks but there is a Hobby Lobby by it so I do have a bit of a choice.

    Have a nice weekend. We're kind of goofing off for part of it and part of it will be spent cleaning up the debris in the yard from hurricane Isaac.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Southwest Missouri
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Scakes View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I went to the Hancock site and signed up for the email coupons. I don't usually do any email with my phone but will try it. I was hoping for a text message coupon like I get from some other stores but hopefully this will work for now.

    Sometimes I can manage to get to Hancocks on Wednesdays for their senior days and military discount days. That helps too. There isn't a Joanns close to the Hancocks but there is a Hobby Lobby by it so I do have a bit of a choice.

    Have a nice weekend. We're kind of goofing off for part of it and part of it will be spent cleaning up the debris in the yard from hurricane Isaac.
    I am wondering if the customer was using the iPhone app for JoAnn's as Hancocks honors those coupons. I have a JoAnn's app on my iPhone that I love and you get all of the coupons that you get in the fliers...and you can use both!!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1

    Smile Hancock Fabrics mobil app


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1
    On hancock fabrics website down toward bottom of page it has hancock mobile club you can choose to have text sent to phone. Also you sign up for emails. I have both of these plus in store you can sign up to get regular mail flyers with coupons.

  9. #9
    Senior Member quiltin-nannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NW PA
    Posts
    840
    I have an app called "RetailMeNot" that works based on your location, so if you are near a mall, for instance, all the stores that have online coupons will pop up and you can get their coupons. Works for restaurants too. You can also enter in a particular store, and if it has coupons to offer, there they are.
    Julie
    Good friends are like stars; you don't always see them, but you know they're always there!

  10. #10
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mableton, GA
    Posts
    8,643
    I was just in hancocks and it isn't really an app. You text 1082 to 46208 to join. They call it a "mobile club"
    Alyce

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    5,051
    Blog Entries
    1
    They are sent via a text, its not an app. I get them all the time. I get the emails and the text then show the cashier and get my discount. They also have two different levels of senior citizen discounts too, and they are two Wed each month and they get applied on top of any other discounts or sale items.
    Judy

  12. #12
    Super Member Stitchnripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mableton, GA
    Posts
    8,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    I was just in hancocks and it isn't really an app. You text 1082 to 46208 to join. They call it a "mobile club"
    Here are the numbers I used. They do send texts
    Alyce

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.