Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy Birthday to me.

Happy Birthday to me.

Last week was my birthday and I received an email from Craftsy - sometimes I don't pay attention to the emails - but I decided to see what this one was about - what a surprise - the offered me a free Craftsy class - I decided to get one that I probably wouldn't have purchased myself. The class is the Flirty Day Dress (a $ 49.99 class) - they are even sending the paper pattern to me through the mail (for free) - I've always wanted to make a dress like this (vintage 1940's or 50's style) and I have no experience sewing clothes. Just wanted to let others know so if they ask - give them your birthdate.

Happy birthday, Otis. What a nice birthday gift.

Blog Entries
    I did the same...I took the leather bag class...gotta love the birthday month...

Congrats and belated happy birthday and enjoy your gift!

Power Poster
    what a great gift and happy birthday!
    QUILTNMO

Thanks for the head up. I didn't know about this perk at Craftsy.

What a nice gift! I didn't know about that either. Logged in but didn't see any place to enter birthday....mine was in June anyway so a long time til next year. I looked at that pattern and love it, then got enmeshed in looking at other sewing classes and their projects....wow! I don't do clothing sewing anymore but boy, those classes would have been great to have years ago!

Happy birthday, Otis! I love prezzies! Last year I had two or three stores give me coupons for $10 with no purchase necessary. Since mine is in September I was able to get end of season summer stuff, so it was a great deal. I've never registered for Craftsy as I've never bought an online class, but this sounds really cool.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Where do you enter your birthday? I didn't see anywhere. My birthday in next month and I would love to take advantage of this perk if offered.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

When I signed up for Craftsy - I used my facebook account to link to their page (I usually don't do that) but they must have gotten the date from my facebook. If you list your birthday in your facebook profile - it will post an announcement so all your friends can wish you happy birthday. I had forgotten that I signed up that way.

Good for you Otis. A late Happy Birthday to you.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

My birthday is next month...need to check if they have it in my profile! I've always been skeptical about online classes but this would be a good chance to try my first.
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!