Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy Holidays To All!

Happy Holidays To All!

I just wanted to drop a quick line on sending holiday greetings to all Quilting Board Members and soon-to-be members. A few thoughts of what has accomplished in my sewing corner so far might just be the added assistance others might need in their own quilting adventures.

Instead of mimicking or actively imitate otherís ideas, either original or recycled, I turn more to studying and practicing designing and construction techniques separately or in combination of, than just blindly following pattern instructions issued by others. I prefer to make a certain type or style of quilt (utility style) and explore ways of making something that surpasses the original intent of a glorified blanket to becoming be-all, end-all type of home furnishing and decoration-and a portable one moving from room to room even house to house. I have enough ideas and techniques for as long as I wish to continue to participate in this favorite pastime of mine-now passing 30 years-and yours.

Best wishes all and may you too participate for many, many more years!

Thank you. I just picture you with a featherweight strapped to your back, fabric in your saddle bags and coasting down the highway!
    Enjoy the ride!
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Merry Christmas to you too!

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas to you and your's

...make sure you wear your helmet........

Power Poster
    A very Merry Christmas to you...