Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian quilters!

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadian quilters!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving full of good food, family and friends! ENJOY!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors across the lake.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

Power Poster
    Got my turkey thawing in the fridge, pumpkin pies ready to bake tomorrow. My family is coming for a wonderful day together. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Blog Entries
    As we're having a multi location Thanksgiving weekend, I spent yesterday with out ANY quilting GASP!
    Made 3 apple pies ( Honeycrisp's are in ), and cooked a complete Turkey dinner for my eldest boy who's off to San Fran for a work related conf. (pie #1 went to his frig). Today we travel to Thornbury (step daughter's) for a second Turkey dinner and pie #2. Monday Son #2 gets left over turkey and pie #3. OOOOOOOOO the whole long weekend with out quilting.!!?? The sacrifices mothers make!!! Great fun!

marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda M View Post
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving full of good food, family and friends! ENJOY!!!!
    Thanksgiving wishes & greetings also come from the great Northern part of our lovely Province. Enjoy your day my Canadian QB friends. Going to be gorgeous up here in Timmins, Ontario. Just might get 18 holes of golf in BEFORE dinner today !! Course is closing tomorrow. Going to be a long winter.
    Dance like no one is watching

We actually celebrated last week end with SIL's parents. It was DGD#2's birthday and my DH's birthday a couple of days ago, so we decided to put everything together. His mom made a fantastic turkey and ham dinner and we had a lovely visit. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and for all of you who are traveling, please please take extra care.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    Canadians have it right to have the Thanksgiving in October. Gives the cooks time to recuperate before Christmas cooking. Smart thinking! Enjoy the day, Canucks!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrated yesterday. Two plates of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, corn.... and a sampling of about 10 different salads (everybody that had the option of bringing either a salad or a vegetable dish chose a salad). I had no room for the assortment of lovely desserts .

There were about 35 of us. My mom still reigns as the matriarch. She is 87. It was too noisy for her newly adjusted hearing aids, so she took them out!

Next turkey feast - Christmas!

While I am not Canadian nor do I play on tv
    I wish all of our neighbors to the north a happy, hearty family (if you like them) filled day. And enough leftovers to to keep you satisfied in the coming days.
    Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope everyone gets to spend time with family and friends. Eat just the right amount, I'll over do, again.
    True4uca

Up today starting fresh buns, cherry pie, lemon loaf and started ham ... For my daughter's inlaws! Then tomorrow we fly home for thanksgiving with our other kids prepared by our youngest daughter ��
    GrannyLady - Having too much fun dressing my grandaughters.

Blog Entries
    Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors to the north.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Turkey is in the oven, everything else ready to go - have a blessed thanksgiving everyone.

Wonderful weather for a Thanksgiving Celebration. Leaves are beautiful here is western New York.

To all my friends and relatives, and Members on the board from Canada, hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving

Thanks to all of our American QB neighbours for extending to us a very Happy Thanksgiving. Much appreciated & hope all of our Canadian members had a great day & didn't overdo !!
    Dance like no one is watching

yesterday I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family and our extended family. I think there was about 35 of us and we were also celebrating my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding anniversary. We had it all...Turkey ham, squash, lots of veggies, apple pie, strawberry rhubarb pie, elderberry pie, pumpkin pie, cherry pie.....and Death by Chocolate!!! Oh so yummy!!! To day I celebrate with my DH, the butterball will be going in soon!!!