Harry Potter

Old 11-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
I didn't like the last one but the rest were awsome. We go to the IMAX and see them in 3D
This one is so much better than the last one. (I was so teed off when they changed the ending on the last one) This one stays close to the story line and where they changed it, it makes sense.

We loved it. Geesh - just sat down and then it was time to leave.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Love it! I don't go to many movies, do remember ET and one nice cartoon my daughter took me to, Over the Hedges I think it was. But have seen the Harry Potter movies and am looking forward to going when sister comes to visit for TG.
That series of books was fantastic, I got them for a non reading G nephew and he started reading and now is above grade level.
I'll bet that there are 2 different areas of hatred in England right now..Number one, in the different publishing companies that sent it back to Rawling saying it was too long, too involved, to many hard words, no kid would ever read something like that, etc. I'll bet heads rolled when it became a hit.
And then there's her first husband who dumped her and the kid, she had to live on welfare till she started getting money from her book. I'll bet he regularly breaks his leg kicking himself in the butt for dumping her instead of letting her write!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 AM

I was wondering is it "too old" for my 11 yr.old daughter to see? She has seen all of them up to now. But, someone said it was a little more mature than the others?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:48 AM

Going tonight with hubby.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sewred
I was wondering is it "too old" for my 11 yr.old daughter to see? She has seen all of them up to now. But, someone said it was a little more mature than the others?
It was pretty intense. I was frightened a few times. My husband in fact turned to me during the movie and said this isn't for kids. Perhaps you should see it first to best judge for your daughter.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewred
If she read the book then she knows what's happening. I would not let her go alone but with parental guidance - why not. It is quite a bit darker than the others and Nagini made me jump. Like I said - she already knows what happened. The only thing that is different is that the visual cues are the creation of someone else's interpretation.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

Everyone I know that has seen it seems to love it. I can't wait.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:35 PM

Love Harry Potter, watched every one along with my grandchildren and I can't wait until the weekend when we are away to the cinema to watch the new one.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:17 PM

LOVE Harry Potter! Have all books, DVDs and sound tracks. Are you aware of the HP paper pieced quilt blocks? They are really well done and FREE!

Almost forgot the address: http://community.livejournal.com/hp_paperpiecing/
Old 11-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Wow thank you I did not know about the gp paper piecing! I feel a Harry Potter quilt in the making! hee hee Someday when I get to it! hopefully sooner than later! haha