Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SuzzyQ
Forgot to say - I'm 42H
Yeah, try to find one that size in your usual department store! :hunf:
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 AM

Need to blame bad bras on the MAN that invented it, my DW says the same thing you ladies are saying.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:03 AM

Here's an interesting site for those of us more fully endowed "Big Girls Bras":

http://www.biggerbras.com/catalog/br...&price=&offer=

It seems to have a good search function also but when I used it, the site has not too many bras appropriate for me.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

I found that it helps to get measured. Someone above mentioned needing a smaller band size and larger cup size. True for me. And if you pretty much know your size and a salesperson suggests a bigger band and smaller cup, step away! There are some My Intimacy shops around the country, recommended by Oprah, and I went to one and I like my bras now. I'm guessing other places around the country could measure too.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Ok I'll add my 2 cents. :lol: I'm with everyone else, can't find a comfortable one!!

I'm not that big busted (average I'd say) but still they either ride up the back, I fall out when I bend over or the band rolls up under my chest when I sit. Yeah, I see ya'll nodding. :lol:

I have been fitted too by a pro and it still doesn't help. I like to breath too, especially because I have asthma which a tight fitting bra doesn't help that! :roll:

So if anyone finds one LET ME KNOW!!
Breezies aren't comfortable for me. I do like the all nylon ones, but are not too supportive and they roll. :thumbdown:
Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 AM

Never had a problem with bras until I started gaining weight 3 yrs ago. My youngest daughter just told me about a bra that she got at Fredericks of Hollywood. She wears a 40 DD and says this is the most comfortable bra she has ever had. It does have wide straps and kind of looks like an 1940's swim suit so not everyone would like that. It was also very inexpensive. I never dreamed that I would be planning a shopping trip to Fredericks!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by denilynne
I'm right there with you sister, can't find one that is comfortable or fits right either and i hate underwires.
I'm right with you also. No matter what price they are horrible.
Very Very UNCOMFORTABLE!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:06 AM

I agree with you! You made me laugh out loud!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by adorabowe
Originally Posted by mardilee
Dear adorabowe, so what brand was the one that most larger busted women liked? Is it available in the U.S.? Thanks
The brand was just one of the Bras n Things brands, the bra was called sapphire. PM me if you want the link to the online store but after the high shipping costs and the high rate of the $AUD at the moment I wouldn't recommend it, especially since if it doesn't fit it would be a pain to refund, sorry. But all the aussie ladies with big busts should give it a go, has a few good reviews on the online store as well. I mean I don't think theres such a thing as a completely comfortable bra, but it's an improvement.

Also, PTquilts, do you wash your bras in an undergarment wash-bag? I used to have that problem of the underwire poking out with EVERY bra I bought, even the super expensive ones, until I started washing in the bag and they stopped gaining excess moisture and weakening.
thanks for the tip, I will try that with my better bras.

Just have to say, Wow, there are a lot of us "full-figured gals" here - maybe we ought to put out a calendar!! ;-)
Old 05-24-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by youfarm
My solution to uncomfortable bras is to not wear one(and, yes, I do have boobs). I wear camies. I like the ones with 95% spandex.
Man, I so wish I could get away with this.