Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra? >

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Has anyone ever found a comfortable bra?

Old 05-27-2011, 05:43 PM

I have found that JMS with gel straps some of them are confortable and I don't like the wires either they cut you in half. I go for comfort because we spend so much time in them and to think when your growing up you can't wait to wear one. Good Luck. Sue
Old 05-27-2011, 06:04 PM

Was well-endowed since age 14. After many, many years of ill-fitting bras, indention depressions in my shoulders which are permanent and chronic back pain, I decided to have a breast reduction. Now my blouses don't pop open, or I have to pin them or get a larger size blouse. And I can wear a bra comfortably. I wish I had the surgery many, many years ago... of course, it is not for everyone, but truly worked for me.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:34 AM

I can usually count on Liz Claiborne to fit and support the sides of my aging body.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:57 PM
Power Poster

well, I see here, we have 15 pages all about the one garment that is: all about women!
I used to have a lot of these issues...and No! I am not about to tell you about a comfortable bra.
I can't wear any bra snug enough to stay in place, except a sports bra, and we all know what they do for your figure :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I have chronic stomach problems and I can't stand, (and I mean, I will develop a migraine and start vomiting!)...anything pressing on my stomach or abdomen.
Not that I have anything pressing on my abdomen...not as long as I keep my sports bra on, anyway :!: :shock:
Old 05-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by judi wess
I can usually count on Liz Claiborne to fit and support the sides of my aging body.
Liz Claiborne makes bras?? I never knew that.
What are they like? Underwires?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:12 PM

in answer to the last question:

liz claiborne makes underwire bras. they are demi and full cup.
my daughter wears 34-d and she found them at jcpenny on the wall. that's the biggest cup size. they were under $20.00 as i remember. they're very pretty.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:27 PM

No. Doesn't exist, like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. It's the first thing that comes off when I get home, just before my shoes. Too much information?
Old 05-29-2011, 08:37 PM

[quote=lorli]I've been wearing them for 40 years (OMG am I that old?)and have never found a really comfortable one. Years ago I even went to a special bra store (Rigby and Peller in London, corsetiere to the Queen!) to be fitted. What an experience, I will never forget the saleslady who had a chest like the prow of a battleship who burst into the fitting room and embarrassed me half to death! Even those bras were uncomfortable.

My husband said he would be afraid of the depth charges from her chest! Did she say DIVE DIVE when she came in? or Up parascope?
Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 AM

I don't know for sure that Liz is still in the bra business but, one of my fave outlet stores still has them. The store is in NC, Murphy, Burkes!!! Have to wear an underwire cause the lower band will roll without the underwire. Don't ordinarily like to tout retail stores but have found some of my favorite clothes there. Better price and quality than Wally.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Most comfortable one is the one I don't put on. Save them for "going to town" days.
Me too! When home I usually just wear a tank top under my T-shirt for a bit of support. Wear a bra (I call it a HARNESS, lol)only when I go to into town to get groceries or whatnot.