Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Has anyone heard from CraftyBear? >

Has anyone heard from CraftyBear?

Has anyone heard from CraftyBear?

Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Poor guy. Wrong diagnoses to begin with in the emergency room. Now he pays the price for it. I pray they are doing ok and he is feeling better and she is getting some rest.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 PM

Lets all pray for both of them; pray he gets better, and pray she has the strength needed to care for him when he gets home. Sometimes, that can become overwhelming!

I do miss her posts; she always has some wonderful ideas and sites that are so helpful.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:37 PM

I knew he went to the hospital with his shoulder & was going to see a surgeon on Tues. but I didn't know he was mis-diagnosed in the ER. Don't know how I missed that post. That is terrible. Well hope everything is going ok with both of them. Prayers are being sent their way.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:39 PM

Prayers going up for she and her DH.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:06 AM

The last I heard from her dh had a massive infection in shoulder and was admitted because he is a previous transplant patient.
I hope he is doing better.

The surgeon found the infection and cleaned the area.

Prayers for Karen and dh, going to The Source now.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:40 AM

I sure hope all is well. Will keep them both in my thoughts and prayers!
Hugs
April
Old 07-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Google Goddess

Update on hubby

July 4th
I took hubby to ER was in severe pain in right shoulder, they did xrays, and said he had a torn bicep, prescribed meds and sent him home to follow up with special Dr. on Tuesday July 6th

On Tuesday, July 6th called the Dr. that ER referred us to, went to his office and he doesn't have a torn bicep muscle (ER was wrong).

Dr. Jackson said (fever 101.7) he has a bad infection in his right shoulder so he drained it in his office, got lots out, he called his Transplant Dr. (as my hubby had a kidney and pancreas transplant 9/18/90) and now his body is full of infection. So on Tuesday from Dr. office drove him to directly to hosptial in Indianapolis, Indiana about 1 1/2 hours away. I got home last night at midnight.

July 7th, Wednesday
I stayed home today had tons of phone calls to make and lots to do at home today

Later I talked to hubby today and he was going to have surgery in the afternoon. The surgeon called me at 4:30 pm. and he got thru surgery okay, had to go in to his right shoulder and clear the infection out. He is still in hospital and will be in for a few more days or so. They put in a pump on his shoulder to pump out infection from his shoulder

July 8th, Thursday found out hubby has a staph infection, very very serious, on pain meds and antibiotics, pain pump

July 9th, Friday I went to hospital, appts. there with social workers, lots of paper work, he was feeling some better, they got him up to walk today for the first time since Tuesday

July 10th, Saturday,

They removed the pump off of his shoulder today and was in more severe pain, talked to hubby about 5:00 pm. and he didn't want me to call back that night was not himself.
I didn't go to hospital today as his brother and family went to see him, so I stayed home (a friend called me and we went to some fabric stores to get out of house, errands and out for lunch) sure was a good therapy for me!!!

July 11th, Sunday, I talked to hubby this morning and feeling better today, Dr. came in and said he is getting better and may be able to come home this week.
I am staying home today, playing on computer (Good Therapy as I have missed all of you) also housework etc.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers!

Craftybear
Old 07-11-2010, 09:56 AM

Karen, soooo glad things are looking up! Y'all are in my prayers.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

So glad to know what is going on. Prayers for your DH and you! I am my DHs care giver so I know how much of a toll these things take on the spouse. Take care of yourself so you can be there for him! Good that he is getting such good care and has knowledgable doctors with the right answers.

Will keep you in my prayers!!