Has Anyone taken Alli?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Hi all

We are going on vacation to Vegas soon and I want to lose my final 10 lbs before we go, has anyone taken Alli? I was wondering how it worked for you...

Thanks
Anna
Old 07-26-2009, 04:33 PM

Reference to explosive diarrhea, oily staining, and suggestions to bring extra clothing to work with you if you use it was enough to make me pass on trying it.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by Arizona Sunrises
Reference to explosive diarrhea, oily staining, and suggestions to bring extra clothing to work with you if you use it was enough to make me pass on trying it.
I've heard that too, but apparently that won't happen if you stick to the low calorie, low fat diet while taking it.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Banned

I'm a fan of Wynonna so when she was advetising it, I wanted to try it. Let us know if it works :D
Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

An acquaintance of mine started taking it but she said she just felt strange (heart palpitations, circulation problems) so she stopped.

I read in a review article that Alli was in the top 5 list of dietary products that are too expensive for the result. Can't remember what was rated best, but I'm sure you could find it on the net.

Today, I am having an elliptical cross trainer delivered to my house. I call it the Elliptinator and it will be my ally.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:52 AM
Banned

i have to go to the dr friday. i think i'll talk to him about it before i start it. i can't have caffiene (heart palps)
Old 07-27-2009, 09:38 AM

My DH Bill took it. YOU HAVE TO DO EXACTLY AS THE DIRECTIONS SAYS TO DO. LEAVE OUT AS MUCH FAT FOODS YOU AS CAN.
The oily diarrea is bad if you don't. Actually if you think about it. Cutting out your fats is what you do when you go on a diet. If you don't do it as My DH didn't you pay the price :shock: :lol: He stayed on the potty. I know it isn't funny but He took the med. and eat the way He usually does. You have to serious about doing it to make it work.
Good Luck
BillsBonBon
Old 07-27-2009, 09:42 AM

According to their commercials, Alli is intended for those who need to lose a significant amount of weight. If you only have 10lbs to go, is it worth the side effects to you to get that ten pounds? Take care and good luck.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:21 PM

We were on a business trip and one of the women was using Alli. She had to special order all her meals to be sure that they were in line withthe strict diet. AShe said it is absolutely horrible if you do not follow the directions.
Remember good ol' Richard Simmons - the exercise guru? He pops up now and then on talk shows. He used to say why do you want to DIE-t?
Old 07-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

i agree with the eat less/move more.

i'm a big fan of Weight Watchers and exercise.