Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever watched Paranormal State? >

Have you ever watched Paranormal State?

Have you ever watched Paranormal State?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 PM

I have a friend who called them because she believes her house has "activity" going on. She explained what was going on and they came out to do a show about it.

Well, I get dragged in to all this because we gave them a mirror after we remodeled our house and they believe that is when the majority of their activity is coming from! This mirror broke, and then all craziness started. They got the mirror like 2 years ago.

So, tonight, the guy Ryan came to my house to ask me about this "haunted" mirror. I told him I did not believe that it was the cause of my friends troubles and explained why.

IF they air this, it won't be until March. I had to sign all kinds of papers and they had sound tech and video tech people here. Boy, it was interesting!

My friend should know the out come of the "investigation" soon. I still can't believe she called them! :roll:
Old 12-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Power Poster

Interesting...
Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

I watch it sometimes... you will have to keep us updated on if they show this :wink: :D:D:D
Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

No, I haven't. I don't like stuff like that!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 PM

Honestly, I think it is pretty much staged. They take all this footage of film for 4 days, interview people, edit the tar out of it, and it becomes a reality show!

I think my friend is convinced something is going on but not to the extent she and her dh think. Her dh will tell you that if it is calling for 3 inches of snow, we are supposed to get a foot.

We will see, but I think if it does air, everyone involved will be laughed at. Our little community does not accept ghost stories! LOL
Old 12-06-2010, 09:37 PM

Interesting! What's the history on this mirror you gave them?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 PM

Ok, the mirror was orginal to the house, probably from the late 1950's. It was big and when we remodled, we took it down and my friend wanted it. She wanted it to put over top of her bed, you can guess why, I am sure!

Anyways, we took it over to them, it took 2 people to carry it. Somehow the mirror shattered. I have no clue how, as I did see where they had it and there is no way it could have fallen over and broke.

Then my friend got to remembering when the church down the road from me did a "demon removal" of this girl. We heard what was going on, it sure didn't sound good! I am probably 1/4 mile away from this church. This happend in 1997.

Now my friend believes the mirror holds some kind of paranormal thing and they brought it to her house. She had "activty" before, but it got worse after she took the mirror.

So, because we gave them a mirror, and weird stuff did happen in my house after them casting out the demon from that girl, it must have gone to her house.

This is soooooooooo dramatic! I didn't think a demon could attatch to an old mirror, but, I may be wrong! What ever they have over there, they can keep!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 PM

Wow! I've read and seen some bizarre movies that involve mirrors. So, definitely freaky!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 PM

I don't watch it. If there is one thing that scares me more than anything else it is ghosts or shows like this. If a commercial for the show comes on I have to change it or I won't sleep. It is terrifying to me.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:45 PM

I've seen a couple partial episodes. I like Ghost Hunters because they visit historic locations with interesting architecture. The PS I've seen only visits people's homes.

Post again before it airs. Would be fun to check out now that I know the back story.