Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you heard what  ATT is going to do in a few months? >

Have you heard what ATT is going to do in a few months?

Have you heard what ATT is going to do in a few months?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I have just recently left AT&T (with JOY!) and gone with a cell-router from Verizon for the computer and a new cell phone from them. My access is so much faster that with AT&T, I can not tell you!! I'm seeing online videos for the first time in 3 years!! It took me over a year's agonizing to make the decision to switch because I'd heard such awful things about Verizon customer service, but I've found my service reps in our local shop to be beyond gracious, knowledgeable and helpful.
So glad I made the switch; Verizon truly IS better than AT&T!!

Jan in VA

Could you explain how the cell router works?

Thank you.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Banned

dropping a landline is not always the best thing to do...cell service is NOT secure...and in a storm with no power, I have a phone line still., do you?? when they make cell phones lines unhackable, I might get rid of the landline, but I seriously doubt it..

ALL internet people screeching right now, the more phones on the market with internet capabilities, the more drag it puts on all the services...even our cable company that we have our internet with is saying they are going to monitor our usage...say what..that is not my contract...but we got a notice last week about it...

in the very near future I see us paying a user fee each time you log on and per minute as well! that will be the price for I-everything on the internet!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:48 PM

As long as there is landline service I'll keep mine. When the power goes out I'll still be able to use my phone. I have 2 phone that are the old jack type, no electric needed.

My computer is on cable/broadband. I refuse to "bundle" my phone with cable TV/internet. Don't like being locked into one company/service for everything, only to get nailed later with changes that don't benefit me. Most of those great plans only last a year or two & then you get hit with a new plan. It's like the electic companies now....get your electric thru a 2nd party cheaper....oh wait that was only 1 year & then the rates go up higher than the actual electric company you had. Those few dollars you saved, you just lost. Not to mention the time & red tape you spent dealing with making all the changes back & forth from one company to the next. No thanks. I'll stick with what I have.

Cell phone service is great in some areas & crap in others. We have many places here you can't ever get a signal due to mountains. If phone companies drop landline service then you'll have no phone at all. Not good. All this high tech stuff is good in some respects & bad in others. Once we lose something it never comes back. Think of all the fabric shops, factories, companies, etc, we've lost. We'll never see those again.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 AM

Well, if AT&T up's my price they will loose me as a customer and I will go back to Cox Cable....