Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you started your fall cleaning?Donate your items to Local Nursing Homes ♥ Let's Motivate Each Other! >

Have you started your fall cleaning?Donate your items to Local Nursing Homes ♥ Let's Motivate Each Other!

Have you started your fall cleaning?Donate your items to Local Nursing Homes ♥ Let's Motivate Each Other!

Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 AM

I have started!!! But, I no longer do the two week blitz thing. I do still try to go room by room but it takes me longer than it used to. LOL Saturday was cupboard washing, counter cleaning, etc. Appliances are done and cupboards are done in kitchen. Next is windows, blinds, curtains, baseboards and floor. I do laundry room at the same time. I take things to Good Will or give away or post to free cycle or just set out by the curb.

Funny story...I put a kitchen aid stand mixer out by curb, along with a lawn mower. Within minutes a man picked them up. A couple days later my son and I saw the mixer for sale in a flea market type place near our house. Good for him.

Great idea to take your clothes etc. to nursing home. My mother's clothes disappeared fast there after going to laundry so I constantly needed to replace. They love decorations in their rooms too. Crafty Bear is right!!!!

Pet peeve! Workers you hire to help and then they never show up or even call to explain.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Google Goddess

That is great, so now get busy and get things done and the nursing homes loves to receive items.

Originally Posted by Granna of 5
Karen, this is such a good idea, I never thought to give to the nursing homes now I will. I really need motivation to get started. My son and wife came and rearranged my sewing room for my b-day in Sept. I love the new shelving and thought I would clear out some of the fabric I won't use, but NO it is all still here. Maybe I will get inspired from this post.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:17 AM

YES!!! We started on the basement... sigh. Then moved on to a couple of bedrooms. Painted and redecorated. YAY! A few of the nicer things went to my SIL's yard sale. The rest went to Good Will.

My closet is half finished, the summer clothes are sorted. Now on to the winter clothes. The sewing room will be my after Christmas project. I have no time to conquer that until after all these darn fall birthdays and Holidays. But there is progress!!! :D