Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help with "You Tube" viewing >

Help with "You Tube" viewing

Help with "You Tube" viewing

Old 03-04-2011, 05:02 PM

As always learn something new everyday on this wonderful board! Thank you!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 PM

It's got to do with the speed of your connection and usually means paying more $$$.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by sitzy
Do I just Google "ccleaner" to get it and If I do download
ccleaner it won't screw up my computer? Thanks
cc cleaner is great i have been using it for a couple years now
Old 03-04-2011, 09:39 PM

i had that problem with videos and i ran a speed test on my computer and i was getting a bad connection, so i called my provider and they did something now i have no problem see a video with out is pausing like before
Old 03-05-2011, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by BJ SewKkrazzy
thanks for the info on cleaner..I am doing it now...also you can hit your start button, when the window pops up, click on "run" and type in cookies, when the file opens, delete everything you can in it...I just deleted over three hundred...helps to speed up the computer...
er... I used to have "run" on my older computer, but on this new Acer I have windows 7 home edition. It doesn't have "run". How do I find my cookies? Thanks
Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 AM

As usual, I don't find these things to be free...I just downloaded, ran the program, identified 2900 erros needing to be cleaned, but you have to purchase a registered code to be able to clean your computer...how do you do the Free version??????
I get my free version from FileHippo.com
Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 AM

As usual, I don't find these things to be free...I just downloaded, ran the program, identified 2900 erros needing to be cleaned, but you have to purchase a registered code to be able to clean your computer...how do you do the Free version??????
Do not use this type of program unless installed by your computer repair person. Some of these programs are spyware.

Pam M
Old 03-11-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
If you have a poor internet connection, it often helps to let the video buff a good bit before playing it. When the video comes up and starts to play, hit pause. While the video is paused, you will still see the reddish line moving to show progress of the buffing. When it is a good ways up, click play. As long as your playback doesn't catch up with the bar there should be no pauses.
I do that when watching things on The Quilt Show on my computer. I hate all the stops so usually do something while it is buffing up.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:38 PM

It can also be your internet service. I had the same problem and that was our problem. The signals were so slow. I am at my Mother's now and her computer is older then dirt itself and YouTube works great on it. She has a good internet service.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 AM

I had to reply back and thank everyone for the suggestions. We are Winter Texans, therefore we have a different internet provider there, now that we're back in Minnesota, I have no...problem with "You Tube" running all the way though, I don't even need to wait for it to runs though. So that tells me that it's the internet provider's service that was causing the issue. We never had dial up service, we had DSL, and normally it's rather fast. So thank all of you for your help, my question is answered. Wonderful website, I just love it and look forward to each and every issue.