Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HELP!! HELP!! Quilting or Sewing Sun Catchers???  Has anyone found some???? >

HELP!! HELP!! Quilting or Sewing Sun Catchers??? Has anyone found some????

HELP!! HELP!! Quilting or Sewing Sun Catchers??? Has anyone found some????

Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 PM

Good Morning, Every1. I wonder if anyone has found a company that makes and sells sun catchers. I am looking for quilting and sewing themed ones. I used to have some, but they accidently got thrown out when I was moving out of state. I have windows in my sewing room, but they need a little color. (The sun comes right on in in the morning.). Any help, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I hopefully put this in the right spot.. :lol: Thank you all for your help. :-) Have a blessed day. :-)

:roll: debra :roll:
Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM

Have you thought of trying to talk someone into making you a crazy quilt made from scraps from stained glass making? I'm considering doing that, or doing it myself!! I have 2 front room windows that face South, which also face a blank wall of the neighbor's garage. I've been wondering about that for a long time.
In my home town of Milton, WV is a lovely glass plant, Blenko, which used to have a pile of glass bits that they scissored off the lovely glass objects they make there. Other places don't usually re melt their glass and might want to get rid of the tiny pieces they cut off a standard pattern.

Or you might want to try some glass paint. Ever done that? I may go that route if the stained glass is out of sight, money wise. Or I'll keep going to yard sales and flea markets, gathering bright colored flat glass vases, etc, for use in such windows.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:50 AM

We had a new vender at last fall's guild show who made quilt-themed sun catchers. I'll try to get the info if no one else here shows up with them. (PM me)