Help me find . . .

Old 07-01-2021, 09:21 AM
Suz

Default Help me find . . .

Earlier today I opened an article on a different way to make a log cabin wherein you used your hand for measurements. It was hand stitched onto a base fabric. I know there was a special name for these log cabin blocks. Can I remember this name? Of course not! I was telling my dd and cannot find the article. Please help. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2021, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Suz View Post
Earlier today I opened an article on a different way to make a log cabin wherein you used your hand for measurements. It was hand stitched onto a base fabric. I know there was a special name for these log cabin blocks. Can I remember this name? Of course not! I was telling my dd and cannot find the article. Please help. Thanks.
I was thinking someone just posted something about it and I researched it at the time. It is called Manx quilting from the Island of Mann. I was thinking there was a video, too. Here is a tutorial - https://www.diaryofaquilter.com/how-...x-quilt-block/ I think there is another name for something, too.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 07-01-2021, 12:42 PM

Have you heard of a Manx Quilt Block? is the post you are looking for. And here is a youtube video I found helpful. Here is a link to a Youtube video that I have found to be helpful with the Manx Block as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8yXvcsG-Q0

I tried nicking and tearing the fabric instead of cutting and found it distorted the edge of the fabric badly. The Youtube video also has comments from her audience. One was about using perle cotton for the stitching. Because the stitching is visible from the back using a decorative fabric for the base and a decorative thread would give a very nice back.