HELP, my pup...

Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned

Oh, poor puppies. One of mine HATES the wind, too, and gets the rest of them worked up about it as well.

FYI, we have a memory foam mattress and bought a waterproof mattress pad from the company and that thing works wonders. We've had animal accidents and a little boy accidents (ok, gross, I know) and I've spilled a drink and NOTHING has gotten through that thing. And, best of all, it's not hot and sweaty like some of the waterproof pads I've used with the children.

Not that this helps you with your current problem (but I see that after all you didn't think anything soaked through) ,, but maybe it's a thought for the future....
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Do you have a mattress protector pad on the mattress? They are worth their weight in gold. The one on my bed kept grape juice from getting on the mattress and I didn't know my grand spilled it until hours later. If your pets are trained to use the outside to potty then maybe putting them in the bathroom on nights when they can't go outside would save you a lot of work.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Glad your mattress was safe....protectors are a great idea and the various enzyme sprays. Our dogs both sleep in beds in our conservatory (like a glassed in porch) they don't have the run of the house at night. Any accidents can be cleaned up easily as the bedding is all washable and the floor is tiled. We also leave the bathroom door open in case the cats get desperate (we have indoor outdoor cats with no litter trays). Our very old puss, Sarah is 15 and if she gets "caught short" she uses the drain-hole in the shower...not often but it's a lot easier to clean up.

If you don't have the enzyme stuff, the area can be cleaned with a vinegar and water solution, then totally covered with baking soda....sweep or vacuum off when the baking soda has absorbed all the moisture.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 PM

thanks so much for all the great ideas. They are right now in their potty pad out side. The wind has slowed just a bit but tonight it is supposed to really slow up. Fingers crossed. They have spent most of the day in their x-large kennel and I hate that. At least they have each other to keep themselves company. Good thing they love each other. You all are the best :!: HMMMM tonight is coming and if I were to put them in the bathroom (which was a thought) no one would sleep for sure. Possibly the kennel. They will be going for a walk on the treadmill this evening as usual. Woo Hooo
Old 01-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

We use Nature's Miracle. It even gets skunk off the dog. I believe they make a solution just for the feline accidents. We just use the gallon jar we got for the skunks. Did I mention that my dogs are stupid and chase skunks???? lol

The first time we went camping, our cat left presents on DH's side of the bed. Guess he showed us how displeased he was. Nature's Miracle took it out.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

Try resolve, it worked on my carpet when my cat threw up and left orange stains from the food.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:38 AM

Up date...
the pups are doing so much better! No pee/no poop in the house. :-D The wind has calmed down quite a bit. have a great day :!: :-D
Old 01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

I had an outside cat when an hurricane went over Houston and she was inside with me all night. i went into the garage and tipped the garbage can lid over on the floor and put potting soil inside it. worked like a charm. she hit it immediately. no way was she going outside.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I had an outside cat when an hurricane went over Houston and she was inside with me all night. i went into the garage and tipped the garbage can lid over on the floor and put potting soil inside it. worked like a charm. she hit it immediately. no way was she going outside.
What a great idea :idea: maybe we need to grow a patch of weeds in our garage...lol Our pups are trained NOT to potty on grass. Weeds and gravel is where they do their business. They Now they have snow. I am so glad they all love each other. They are all cuddled up next to me.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:41 AM

Poor puppy!