Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help my son's white football pants are now pink >

Help my son's white football pants are now pink

Help my son's white football pants are now pink

Old 09-06-2011, 11:59 AM

I am just picturing the whole team with pink pants...real men wear pink, don't they? LOL
Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by SUZAG
I am just picturing the whole team with pink pants...real men wear pink, don't they? LOL
:lol:
Old 09-06-2011, 04:55 PM

CALGON!!!!!! When my babies were in diapers, I almost ruined some by putting them in hard water with clorox. They looked like I had cleaned old rusty pipes with them. I almost cried because I was always so particular with my babies clothes. I caught some rainwater and put calgon in it and let them sit overnight in a tub. They came out white as snow. I used it a lot after that for a lot of things. Even put a little in my bath water, made the water so soft.

sassy granny
Old 09-06-2011, 06:02 PM

Thank you everyone. Havent found the rit (joanne's was out) but will be trying oxyclean tonight. Has anyone used liquid bluing?
Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 PM

Try dissolving "cascade" dish washing detergent in hot water. Then add enough cold water to make it "luke warm". Soak the pants in it for several hours with some swishing every now and then. I have never used an off brand for this, so I do not suggest it. I do this every day for my 3 football players of the house all with wonderful WHITE pants ;) Good Luck!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:49 PM

I agree with the dry Cascade dishwasher soap. I used to lay our DS's white football pants and his baseball pants in the sink and wet them with warm water then sprinkle heavily with the Cascade. Then make sure they are covered with water & let them soak for howver long you think it may take. It removed red mud and terrible grass stains. OxyClean doe s a great job also.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 AM

Thank you everyone. I tried soaking them in oxiclean with no results. I did find the Rit color remover. Had to use the stove method as I have a HE washer which doesn't agitate the water like good old regular washers. (If I had to buy another washer, I think I would go back to the "old fashioned" type with the agitator. HE is great to conserve water, but there is something about agitating instead of spinning) I am going out to buy some Cascade (I use a different brand) and will use it when I wash the pants weekly.

Once again, thanks everyone for their help. Jesse would be playing in "pink" pants without you.