Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: HELP- need an idea

Blog Entries

HELP- need an idea

My cousins daughter got married last month. she has a piece of lace that's 14" wide and about 32-36 inches. what can I make for her??? All ideas welcome. it's to short and to wide to make a pillow, so I need a lot of help here. thanks in advance.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

What if you use it over a different color & shape it as a heart? Applique this to a background fabric and on the background fabric, write their names and the wedding date. Frame it and present it, or quilt it with a hanging sleeve for them to hang in their home. You could actually make the pillow that you talked about.
    Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 09-19-2015 at 07:40 PM.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Blog Entries
    Is it from her wedding dress?

What about saving it to use in a Christening gown?
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Power Poster
    Bed runner with added fabric? Cover for a wedding album? What kind of lace?

Blog Entries
    the lace is 14" wide by about a yard. I may have to cut the lace down and put a pic of them with the wedding invite and cut a small piece of lace. add some flat sided peals and call it a day.
    what do you think?
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Get a piece of linen, trim with the lace and make an "heirloom baby bonnet". My children used theirs at their weddings.

Cover a few coat hangers with it. They could be adult or baby or a mixture. They will be a constant reminder and could protect special outfits.

Does she have a special doll she grew up with that you could make a bridal dress for? I have a couple of dolls that I am using my wedding dress to make wedding dresses to give to my two granddaughters. Just a thought.

Cover a photo album for pictures from the wedding.

Make a display for them to hang in their new home. Put the lace over a plain color used in the wedding. Mount an invitation and other memorabilia from the wedding or a picture of them. Embroidery the date and place on a piece of plain fabric (maybe heart shape). Frame it with a long 32 x 12 frame. Even a shadow box if there is anything 3d that you want to put in the frame.

pal
    Cut out a square or rectangular pillow the color of their bedroom or the color of the bridesmaids dresses. Then sew the lace down, using mitered corners so that it resembles a picture frame. Then you can either embroider some of the flowers from the bouquet or put a (picture on fabric) of the couple in the center of the pillow.
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Similar to my thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcsewer View Post
    Make a display for them to hang in their new home. Put the lace over a plain color used in the wedding. Mount an invitation and other memorabilia from the wedding or a picture of them. Embroidery the date and place on a piece of plain fabric (maybe heart shape). Frame it with a long 32 x 12 frame. Even a shadow box if there is anything 3d that you want to put in the frame.

Use it in crazy quilt blocks. Small crazy quilt blocks with a wedding photo on fabric would make a lovely wall hanging. Can you get some of the bridesmaid dress fabric, or something close, to go with it?
    Shirley in Arizona

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I think i'll so a collage in a frame for them. use some scrapbooking supplies, and stuff like that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    Is it from her wedding dress?

What about saving it to use in a Christening gown?
    My suggestion also.
    I'm too blest to be stressed. Amen to that!

You could make a wall hanging with it as the centerpiece; maybe cut in an oval, and embellish it or make it a one piece quilted fancy

Blog Entries
    it's from her veil. I suggested something for the baby, but you know i'll be making it.
    I just threw out all my scrapbooking stuff. now I wish I had my oval cutter. i'll make due.

Maybe a table runner or one to go on their dresser.