Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: helpful information

helpful information

WELL I DON'T BELIEVE IT !!! What an interesting “trick"!!!!

Once you have seen this you will be heading out to your car to see if it works. What a great trick.
    This is well done. A useful piece of knowledge, tempered with humor.

So much for the old saying, "You have water on the brain.
    Here is something that will be interesting to everyone especially us seniors who forget where they parked their car if your car can be opened and locked with an electronic key.
    Just because you are not a senior, still watch this video and learn something that may be useful to you.

The wave length of the electronic key is limited to a certain distance.
    If you want to expand it, learn the trick by watching this video.
    You won't forget it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=0Uqf71muwWc
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Power Poster
    Interesting! If course they are assuming I can see that far but at night it would work better for me.

Blog Entries
    ha,ha. All I know is I cannot use my electronic key to open my trunk without setting off the alarm!

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    ha,ha. All I know is I cannot use my electronic key to open my trunk without setting off the alarm!
    We came home (to daughter's home in Chicago) from the airport in a taxi at 1:00 in the morning. Our car was parked in the back yard. I wanted to get into my trunk to leave some of our luggage so we didn't have to drag it up to the second floor. I used my electronic key to open the trunk. The alarm went off and I had to figure out how to stop it. (I had to go and open a car door.) But that took a minute or two, and NO ONE came to see what was going on. My SIL said he heard it, but ignored it. I think in Chicago they hear so many of those false alarms, they are just ignored.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

I use the "panic" button to get Kola the cat out of the garage before I start my truck.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Try hitting the 'unlock' button, before inserting the key into the trunk lock. Works for me.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I wonder how safe it is, to be sending radio waves through one's brain.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I wonder how safe it is, to be sending radio waves through one's brain.
    Really!!!!That's what I was thinking!!! I might try it with the jar of water, but not my brain!!!

One night my husband was in Inverness (15 miles) from here, stopped at Super Wal-Mart which is big. Came out and someone h ad stolen the car. He called me and then t he police to report it stolen. IT WASN'T!!!! He just lost it in the parking lot which was full and large. Bet the cops had a good laugh, know I did. Glad when he quit driving a few years ago, at 82 he was not doing it to well.

I love my key fob never had a problem finding my car since I go it and the panic button works really well.

Many thanks--can't wait to try it out.
    ranbro

Blog Entries
    This is interesting! Wonder if they discovered it by scratching head with key when lost car?
    I am following my retirement plan, I Quilt.

Imagine the looks you would get if someone sees you putting your key to your head??������
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    If you point it toward the direction of the car it will signal on or off. i can be inside my house at night and point to the direction of my car through 6 walls and my car will lock, start or unlock. One thing you don't want to do is unlock your car too far away. Too easy for carjacking. When I put my groceries in, I lock til I get back from depositing the cart to the cart corral. When I get back, I unlock and quickly lock again as soon as I get in

Wow. Love learning new things.
    Education makes a people easy to lead;difficult to govern; and impossible to enslave

Power Poster
    Thanks for sharing...