The Herolds

Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM

I thought you might enjoy the procees of these two angels since you enjoyed Holly so much. The topic should say Harold but I can't correct it in edit lol.

This is a pattern by Arley Berryhill and it's called Harold the angel. The body is made of peach cotton and I don't remember if it's Southern Bell or Kona or something else.

The angel is posed so I am showing you both sides as I made two. I penciled and chalked one face and painted the other. I was not pleased with the pencil and chalked one so I just painted over it lol.

The delicate fingers are wired and she has a wired spine up her back extenting into her neck.

The arms and legs are supposed to be posed and sewed on but I strung them on with buttons so I can have control of the pose.

I will post as I dress them. Arley sews the clothing parts right on them but that is a bit too much hand sewing for me. I don't know if I can do it my way, I will see.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254929.jpe   attachment-254930.jpe   attachment-254931.jpe  
Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

Fabulous! Eager to see them finished!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:00 PM

They are beautiful, you have so much talent........Michele
Old 09-11-2011, 12:41 PM

You are quite talented!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Lovely
Old 09-11-2011, 02:10 PM

I am beyond impressed! How do get the curves on the fingers and toes (actually any curve) to be so smooth. I wish I could come for a class!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by quilt1950
I am beyond impressed! How do get the curves on the fingers and toes (actually any curve) to be so smooth. I wish I could come for a class!

I know, it takes time and practice and classes to learn. I can tell you that when you are doing a doll's hand like this...you are using a template, the pattern is traced on your fabric and you lower you stitch to 1.0 and go slowly around the fingers and make two stitches between the fingers. Then the hand is turned with finger tubes and the wires inserted.

I live in Longwood Florida and I teach at the Sewing Studio in Maitland....this particular doll I cannot teach....as Arley teaches his dolls.

There are many good teachers like Arlery Berryhill and Mimi, and Pati Culea, Jill Maas, Judy Ward. These I mention because I know they are good teachers. Try to find a class in your area and if they are around, take a class or check out their schedule.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
Fabulous! Eager to see them finished!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM

Ok, the bodies are as done as they are going to be. I did the sandals on one last night and started the dress. Like I said, I don't want to sew the clothing on them. This is what I have done so far....

here is the skirt part of the dress, it has white with gold thread brocade, the over dress is sparkly organza with trim on the bottom and the bussle or whatever is gold lame.
The sleeve has 5 rows of trim which will be beaded later and the other two sections are added. The sleeve has been added to the bodice. So far so good, I am able to put the dress together, and not sewing it on the body.

After I put the dress on the doll, I will gather the wrist and tack that part to the doll adding beads etc.

I stil have to put the bodice on the skirt and hopefully I will be abe to do that.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255467.jpe   attachment-255468.jpe   attachment-255469.jpe  
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM

WOW they aregoing to be spectacular !!!! You are a VERY talented lady !