He's Gone....

Old 11-27-2010, 12:39 AM

Thanks everyone for the great posts last week celebrating the arrival of my brother from Texas. How can 1 week possible go so fast? He left this morning and 8:00 and I am very sad...but we had a great time!
We crammed a lot of stuff in the last week, and a lot of catching up, but he loves my girls, my grandson and my wonderful husband. We ate ourselves into oblivion, stayed up way too late every night, and I felt like I was a young girl again.
I will miss him terribly but hopefully it won't be another four years before we see each other again.
I also talked to my brother in Iraq, the other brother in Afghanistan, and my 85 year old father in Texas.
It seems like just yesterday that I was planning for his trip here, and now it is over. But so many wonderul memories...okay, this is where I am going to all emotional so I will quit while I am ahead.
Thanks everyone for all the great posts and hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:39 AM

Oh wow! Just reading about it makes one feel emotional for you! How precious family is, time together is never long enough. We seem to take advantage of it when we're young but as we grow older and apart in distance, we long to see each other again. I know.

Your brothers are in many prayers to come home safe & soon.
Thank you for sharing a precious part of your life.