Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hey Barnbum, look what I did tonight! >

Hey Barnbum, look what I did tonight!

Hey Barnbum, look what I did tonight!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM

The evenings have finally cooled down enough to break out the 'ole saddle again. It's been since, ooooohh, March.

I look like a total doof in both pictures because I was telling my husband something and didn't know he was taking the pictures already. I think I resemble Bucky Beaver. :P

We rode in the pastures with the cows so we moved them around a little, pushed 'em over here, then over there. They weren't very amused. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108511.jpe   attachment-108512.jpe  
Old 08-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Power Poster

Glad you have a cooler ride.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM

Bucky Beaver, indeed! You are just beautiful... and so is your horse!
Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 PM

You look like a natural with the horses. Glad you have cool enough weather to be riding.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:55 PM

I have a funny story about cows and horses. Hope you don't mind if I insert it here:

We had some new neighbors move in nearby several years ago and my DH told him that we were going to round up our cows -we rented a different farm then - much bigger and spread out. Anyway, this couple had horses and wanted to help. So, they unloaded their horses from their horse trailer, mounted up and joined my DH and our son-in-law, grandson, etc. - they were in trucks and on 4-wheelers. When our cows took one look at the people on the horses they took off and we did not see them for a week!!! Our cows had never seen a horse before. All my DH has to do is drive among the cows and rattle a feedsack and they will follow him anywhere.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Google Goddess

glad you enjoyed your ride
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu
I have a funny story about cows and horses. Hope you don't mind if I insert it here:

We had some new neighbors move in nearby several years ago and my DH told him that we were going to round up our cows -we rented a different farm then - much bigger and spread out. Anyway, this couple had horses and wanted to help. So, they unloaded their horses from their horse trailer, mounted up and joined my DH and our son-in-law, grandson, etc. - they were in trucks and on 4-wheelers. When our cows took one look at the people on the horses they took off and we did not see them for a week!!! Our cows had never seen a horse before. All my DH has to do is drive among the cows and rattle a feedsack and they will follow him anywhere.
LoL, I think we take it for granted that a cow ought to know what a horse and rider is. :) These cows aren't too bothered by me riding through them, but more so than when we ride the ATVs in the pasture. They don't even look up at 4-wheelers and trucks.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:56 AM

Beautiful horse and rider.

My dog saw a horse riding on the beach one day and he would not stop barking at it. Not sure what he thought it was.