HOLY COW....Walmart is

Old 09-10-2011, 07:20 PM

I would like to see it back permanently. I know a lot of parents who could have used it to put school clothes and school essentials on layaway. I guess for Christmas will have to do.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:44 AM

He is absolutely correct. Wal Mart does have to rent trailers to store the layaways and there are a tremendous amount of layaways that people decide not to keep and we have to put the merchandise back in stock. Some of the merchandise is clearance and if it has been sitting in a trailer, it has kept other people from buying the merchandise. It also requires a lot of manpower to keep layaways in operation.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tropical
I think it is great that WalMart is bringing back layaway so many people can afford a nice Christmas. I wondered why they quit in the first place. I talked to my DH who used to work for them after he retired from his own business. He told me WalMart was having a hard time storing all of the layaway merchandise at all of their stores so they rented trailers for storage at quite a cost. They also had trouble with custumers who would use the service for a few weeks and then went back and wanted all of their money back. There were other issues as well and it was a hassle for the associates to deal with. I'm sure there were other reasons as well. My point is that we often don't look at things from the retailers point of view and how some customers poor behavior effects the service for everyone else. I am happy that it is back though. :)

It is back. But don't forget not for everything though. I wish it was.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:53 AM

Yes like I mentioned earlier, the cashier said also that with the site to stores now they are limited with the space.
Have all of the stores gone site to store now?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 AM

You said it. Walmart is screwed up. Why would you want to pay extra to layaway those inferior Chinese produsts?
Old 09-13-2011, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tropical
I think it is great that WalMart is bringing back layaway so many people can afford a nice Christmas. I wondered why they quit in the first place. I talked to my DH who used to work for them after he retired from his own business. He told me WalMart was having a hard time storing all of the layaway merchandise at all of their stores so they rented trailers for storage at quite a cost. They also had trouble with custumers who would use the service for a few weeks and then went back and wanted all of their money back. There were other issues as well and it was a hassle for the associates to deal with. I'm sure there were other reasons as well. My point is that we often don't look at things from the retailers point of view and how some customers poor behavior effects the service for everyone else. I am happy that it is back though. :)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thumbs up to this whole post, but most certainly the part that I bolded :) .
Old 09-15-2011, 03:25 PM

Now if they would bring back the fabric department to our Traverse City store a great many of us would be in heaven.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:26 PM

Layaway and fabric! What next?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:34 PM

Maybe they will actually start putting cashiers at those registers?
Old 10-13-2011, 04:13 PM

Ok, I have been watching our Walmart for the return of layaway.
Yeterday I was in our local store and over the loud speaker they announced layaway was back. So its legit for our store.
Now I wait with baited breath for fabric.