Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Home Depot discount

Home Depot discount

For those of you that did not know (like us): Hubby just got back from HD. Said when he got his wallet out to pay for things he was buying, he shuffled through his cards to get the HD card out. The Cashier saw his VA card and said "That is a 10% discount right there!" He had been shopping there for years and didn't even know about it. So FYI. (Discount for him, more fabric for me!)

Blog Entries
    Lowes does the same I think.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    no one every tells me anything. I never got to use my Applique Society magazine (think that was the name) one at JoAnn's either.

Just talked to a friend and told him about HD; he said he was getting his ID out at Lenscrafters, the guy saw his VA card and gave him a discount. Maybe we should get in the habit of asking if there are any discounts given before we pay. Wouldn't hurt!

Blog Entries
    HD and Lowes, both give 10% discount for active and retired military members. Old Navy gives 10% discount on Mondays. Payless give 10% discount any day. We always asked if there is a military discount available. Never hurts to ask.

My Uncle got a military discount when a group of us were at Old Country Buffet restaurant. He asked about it & they gave it.
    Carol in Michigan

A lot of places give discounts, you should always ask for one. A lot of restaurants and fast foods give Sr. discounts but you have to ask.

My husband and I have gotten into the habit of asking about the military discount wherever we eat and shop. It's amazing how many businesses do this.
    Janet

Blog Entries
    A lot of places give a military discount. Also teacher discounts. I always carry my teacher ID with me. I ask at most stores. I asked in Sears when I was buying a new stove and they offered me 10 % off. All they can do is say no.

I ask everywhere I go. Never hurts to ask.

That is cool thank you for the heads up.

Blog Entries
    Where ever you go ask if they give a VA discount. My brother was surprised at how many places do honor the Vet's with a discount. Including Fabric stores- 2nd hand stores-hotels. We took a young friend out to celebrate his 21st birthday at a well known mexican restaurant when he asked the cashier about it she said they did not but she asked us to wait and she got the manager and they now honor the VA discount.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I always ask about Sr. discount. Even in restaurants. Often the discount we get goes back to the waitress in form of tip. Just like paying things forward.

How wonderful of these stores to honor our vets! Thanks for sharing the information!

Quote Originally Posted by JanetP View Post
    My husband and I have gotten into the habit of asking about the military discount wherever we eat and shop. It's amazing how many businesses do this.
    They should for the sacrifice military families make for keeping us safe......
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Many ski areas also do.

Blog Entries
    Tuesdays are senior day in my town. Discounts everywhere. Some Taco Bells will give a free soda to seniors if you order something and ask for a "senior drink."
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Our local Lowe's has cut back and will only give the discount to active military...so we do our shopping at Home Depot now.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

In Fl if you don't have a VA card neither HD or Lowes will accept a DD214.

I will have to remember this my husband is a vet. A penny saved is a penny earned.

Power Poster
    A lot of stores have Military discounts....

Blog Entries
    Lowes and HD both give military, active duty or retired a 10% discount. HD you have to sign up for it but its just a short little form and entering your phone number. Then at the register, you still need your ID but they have you enter your phone number and you get the discount on everything. love discounts. That's why I like shopping at Hancock Fabrics, I have the first 3 Wed of the month covered. The first and second are senior citizen (you don't have to be 60 or above to qualify) and the 2nd one is military. Both give you an additional 15% off, even on sale items or things that you had coupons for. I try to schedule my shopping then.

Alot of stores do if you ask. Long John Silvers gives military discounts which I like. Never hurts to ask.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Yes Home Depot does that and so does Lowe's. Good to know, every penny counts.
    Life is SEW great!!!!!!

Ace Hardware does 10% also, plus their cashiers learn their regulars and just automatically know to apply the discount. Plus, with locally owned Ace stores, many will cut prices on items if they can.

discounts

Arby's, Taco Bell and Carl's Jr give discounts to seniors and I believe military (you have to ask for it). McDonalds does not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast